TrueFuel

12/17/15 @ 5:30 PM
ORIGINAL POST
icefitchin
icefitchin
USER since 12/13/03
Anyone ever use the TruFuel mix in your auger? I just bought a new Eskimo Z51, and looking at fuel/mix options. The manual specifies a 50:1 mix. Just wondering if anyone has any pros or more importantly cons to the product. Thanks
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 9 of 9 Posts
12/23/15 @ 7:30 PM
Trophy_Taker
Trophy_Taker
USER since 4/27/08
I love the stuff. Use it in my strikemaster for 3 years and seems to run better. Also use it in my chainsaw, weed eater and leaf blower. Like not having to pre-mix anything.

Post Your Comment
12/21/15 @ 9:07 AM
mattg589
mattg589
USER since 2/27/05
Eskimo has their own mix that includes fuel stabilizer. I use this with premium ethanol free fuel.

Post Your Comment
12/20/15 @ 9:06 PM
buckhound
buckhound
USER since 4/18/06
I bought this with a new Husqvarna 450 and will buy from now on. The engine starts and runs great. Have some 4 stroke stuff too that I use for the new weedwacker too. I'm sold on this stuff

Post Your Comment
12/17/15 @ 9:24 PM
Ulbian
Ulbian
USER since 9/24/03
You buy it by the quart in tin cans. Usually it runs right around 6 to 7 bucks per quart. Just head to the nearest place that sells chainsaws and look where they keep bar oil. You should find it there. I've seen it on the shelf at Gander Mountain as well but that's typically the VP brand.

Post Your Comment
12/17/15 @ 8:43 PM
percheye1
percheye1
USER since 6/24/01
Never heard of the stuff before sounds like you buy a premixed gallon at hardware stores?

Post Your Comment
12/17/15 @ 7:16 PM
icefitchin
icefitchin
USER since 12/13/03
Good to hear guys. Thanks!

I'm not too concerned about the price. If I have to chalk up $15 for two tanks of fuel, to get me thru a season... All part of the sport. With ethanol free, pre-mixed fuel, I'd say it's worth it.

Post Your Comment
12/17/15 @ 7:04 PM
Madgill
Madgill
MEMBER since 12/26/01
I love this stuff! Use it in the Stihl leaf blower, rocket fuel! Never any problems, pricey, but better than mixing and having issues.

Post Your Comment
12/17/15 @ 6:05 PM
Ulbian
Ulbian
USER since 9/24/03
I use it in my auger and chainsaw. It works well. I have an Eskimo auger as well and have had zero issues. There's TrueFuel, VP makes one, or there are other brands you can find in the chainsaw section at any hardware store. Just make sure you grab a 50:1 can instead of a 40:1 can.

The downside is that it is a bit expensive when compared to mixing your own. On the other hand, it already has fuel stabilizers mixed in, is easy to transport, and you don't have to mess around with mixing your own. The convenience of it makes it worthwhile to me so I'll continue running a pre-mix in mine.

Post Your Comment