Tip Downs

1/18/16 @ 1:20 PM
ORIGINAL POST
svfisherman00
svfisherman00
USER since 11/5/14
We were fishing out at Devils Lake State park and we lost one tip down rod and we broke another. We have the Sure Strike Tip Downs. Anybody know where I can get 2 more rods about 32 inches in length? Thanks.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 31 to 40 of 44 Posts
1/21/16 @ 7:03 AM
boattech
boattech
USER since 12/22/04
I use the first strikes as well. I leave the drag loose on some and on some I have the Scott release and pull a couple of ft of line out and clip the line. I like leaving the free spool off on those rods that way if it takes all the line it will take more line. Learned the hard way to use good rod holders for these though. I have almost lost a couple of rods.

Post Your Comment
1/21/16 @ 6:31 AM
Fish Hound
Fish Hound
USER since 1/29/02
I agree, I have the same product and can not leave the bail open. I first thought it was because I was using super line but tried with mono and got the same result.

I haven't tried adjusting the drag yet, I'll give that a shot, thanks.

Post Your Comment
1/20/16 @ 6:26 PM
LotusNMo
LotusNMo
USER since 9/21/08
Gimper im not sure how you use them with the bail open. i have a few and with the bail open the line just slides off the spool and around the trigger since theres nothing to create pressure. The only thing that works for me is loosening the bail, then adjusting quick while fighting the fish

Post Your Comment
1/20/16 @ 9:46 AM
Gimper
Gimper
USER since 11/27/01
I just use these and keep the spools open. Haven't lost a rod yet.

http://www.firstrikefishing.com/

Post Your Comment
1/19/16 @ 9:01 PM
newoodhntr
newoodhntr
MEMBER since 12/11/01
I added wire rod to mine so they don't collapse. Haven't lost a rod yet and had some pretty big fish pulling on the rod.

Post Your Comment
1/19/16 @ 9:02 AM
SuamicoSportsman
SuamicoSportsman
USER since 1/18/08
Fleet farm online usually has them

Post Your Comment
1/19/16 @ 8:15 AM
crappieguy
crappieguy
USER since 2/11/02
I lost a couple poles down the hole and the safety line sure helps. It's a little bit of a PITA to use but well worth the $10 for saving the pole.

Post Your Comment
1/19/16 @ 8:11 AM
fishNdisc
fishNdisc
USER since 3/7/10
Are you looking for the white poles with the wooden handles? If so, I have purchased them from Aquatic Arts bait shop in Tomahawk as well as Fleet N Farm in Plover/Stevens Point. Generally the rods are less than $10. Hope this helps.

Post Your Comment
1/18/16 @ 6:05 PM
crappieguy
crappieguy
USER since 2/11/02
Sure Strike did a good job of copying our design but they do not include a safety line from the frame to the rod butt. Keeps the bigger fish from pulling your pole down the hole.

I believe HT makes the poles that they use. I now make the frames out of PVC no more drying them out.

The wood handle rods are difficult to balance properly due to how much the wood varies. I now use only the solid plastic handle rods. HT JL-4 rods, a little shorter but more compact for storage.

Post Your Comment