Tip Downs

1/18/16 @ 2:20 PM
ORIGINAL POST
svfisherman00
svfisherman00
USER since 11/5/14
We were fishing out at Devils Lake State park and we lost one tip down rod and we broke another. We have the Sure Strike Tip Downs. Anybody know where I can get 2 more rods about 32 inches in length? Thanks.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 44 Posts
3/10/18 @ 8:45 AM
surf n turf
surf n turf
MEMBER since 1/31/07

Oops, you are correct. I wonder if they are going out of business

Post Your Comment
3/9/18 @ 6:24 PM
Mr.Seaguar
Mr.Seaguar
MEMBER since 2/5/05

Thai own website says that they are not in stock.

Post Your Comment
3/9/18 @ 8:30 AM
surf n turf
surf n turf
MEMBER since 1/31/07

Mr. S go to tip down.com. Takes you to there sight. Made in Wis. I have used these for along time. Blast catching fish on them. They  have great service and ship fast

Post Your Comment
3/8/18 @ 10:33 PM
Mr.Seaguar
Mr.Seaguar
MEMBER since 2/5/05

Where can I buy some decent tip downs? Innovative tipdowns is not available anywhere, sure strikes are not available. I want to buy some but no one will sell any to me.

Post Your Comment
2/28/18 @ 10:45 AM
cds
cds
USER since 9/18/01

I make my own that attach to buckets with a heavy duty clip. A steel rod on the clip slides into a tube glued to the rod (in the "balance spot"). A tether clips on to the rod...and that was an afterthought after me and a buddy - who had a different type of tip-down - both lost rods within maybe 30 seconds of each other.

I found his after ice-out.

Post Your Comment
2/12/18 @ 1:21 PM
opay617
opay617
USER since 1/10/12

The group I fish with use these tips downs.  They work pretty well and are very convenient to store.

https://www.tipdown.com/

Post Your Comment
2/12/18 @ 9:36 AM
.Long Barrels
.Long Barrels
USER since 12/9/14

One thing you can do too if you are using a reasonable size hole.  I run a 5 inch hole.  I make the rod balance pin 5.25 long.  It doesn't get in the way,  and I don't have to use a rope on the rod.  No matter how big the fish is,  he's not pulling that rod in the hole.

CrappieGuy,  you are the tip down king.  I just don't like PVC.  personal preference. 

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=will+PVC+get+brittle

will it happen in 8 hours of fishing,  no.  However on cold days when the bases freeze in,  I'll put my money on cedar or oak to take the abuse.  Like I said,  Just my preference.

Edited on 2/12/18 9:44 AM
Post Your Comment
2/10/18 @ 4:28 AM
jaybeeturtle
jaybeeturtle
USER since 3/17/06

After watching  FishNdude's rod get taken down the hole reciently by a nice pike that bit on a 1 1/2 inch crappie minnow, I'd recommend always having the rod attached by a line to the base. FD went home and put lines on his, only takes a few min. 

Amazingly, hours later, I also also hooked a strong pike on the small flathead. Handed the rod to bass Abductor, he managed to land the 30 inch fat female on 4 lb test. We found another hook and line in its mouth. FishNdude pulled and pulled on the line thru a weed bed and lo and behold, his rod came up the hole! We just about fell down laughing after high fives all around. 

Anyway, I remember 2 times my rod would have gone down the hole without the line attached

Edited on 2/10/18 4:31 AM
Post Your Comment
2/9/18 @ 12:19 PM
crappieguy
crappieguy
USER since 2/11/02

The PVC tip downs are every bit as good as the wood and better exact same design fold up flat the same way almost exactly the same .   I don’t understand what you have against the PVC.  They are just as durable if not more

Post Your Comment
2/8/18 @ 8:42 PM
newoodhntr
newoodhntr
MEMBER since 12/11/01

I painted mine orange so they can be seen and added a brace so they don’t collapse and lose the pole. 

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 44 Posts