Tip Downs

1/18/16 @ 1:20 PM
ORIGINAL POST
svfisherman00
svfisherman00
USER since 11/5/14
We were fishing out at Devils Lake State park and we lost one tip down rod and we broke another. We have the Sure Strike Tip Downs. Anybody know where I can get 2 more rods about 32 inches in length? Thanks.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 30 Posts
11/21/17 @ 8:46 PM
grizwald
grizwald
USER since 2/6/09

just buy the rods and make your own stands. also no safety rope on mine, never lost a rod.

Edited on 11/21/17 8:49 PM
Post Your Comment
11/21/17 @ 8:15 PM
Hans Ryder
Hans Ryder
USER since 6/5/17

Fishnhunt14

Post Your Comment
11/21/17 @ 9:51 AM
fishnhunt14
fishnhunt14
USER since 4/17/07
Anyone know if crappieguy is still selling tip downs?  I messaged him a while ago but haven't heard anything back.  Might try the sure strikes from fleet farm if he stopped selling them. 

Post Your Comment
2/17/17 @ 8:33 PM
crawdaddy
crawdaddy
USER since 7/11/01

Dropped check in mail to crappieguy on last Saturday. Got my new tip downs on Wednesday. Got a bunch of perch with them today 

Post Your Comment
1/26/17 @ 9:29 AM
Cold Front
Cold Front
USER since 7/9/01

Crappies' Tip downs come with a cord attached to the rod. The fish can't pull them in. That is of course if you use the cord. I have a buddy that didn't use it and lost the rod. He also doesn't put a pin through the hole to lock the hitch on his trailer. That should tell you something....... Mrt.

Edited on 1/26/17 9:30 AM
Post Your Comment
1/25/17 @ 8:04 PM
walkinboss
walkinboss
USER since 1/7/17

If you are concerned about losing rods I recommend a new tip-up called the Finicky Fooler. You use a rod and reel combo and leave the bail open. The trigger can be set very sensitive for panfish and you can reel your fish in. I've already forgot to leave the bail open and had a pike hit and the fish did not pull the rod out of the holder.

http://www.finickyfooler.com

Post Your Comment
1/25/17 @ 10:14 AM
Cold Front
Cold Front
USER since 7/9/01

I agree. Bought some of Crappie guys tip downs a few years ago. They are very good. They are better and cheaper than I could have made myself. Mrt.

Post Your Comment
1/24/17 @ 10:38 PM
Fishnmagician
Fishnmagician
USER since 3/6/15

Save yourself the trouble of experimenting and buy Crappieguy's rigs.

Best deal best balanced set up and I've tried all kinds.

Hands down his are the best!

Post Your Comment
1/3/17 @ 3:12 PM
Blitzfish
Blitzfish
USER since 10/1/05

Another classic option to use instead of tip downs are umbrella tip ups. I got some my grandpa made that were made back in the 50s or earlier and they still work great to this day. They are made from an umbrella hinge, a post, a few staples, a counter weight (usually something like a nut or washer), and sometimes a piece or fabric or something for a flag on one end. Just do a googler search of "umbrella tip ups". They work the same as tip downs unless you prefer using a reel with a rod.

Post Your Comment
1/3/17 @ 2:39 PM
crappieguy
crappieguy
USER since 2/11/02

If anyone needs poles or complete Tip Downs ready to fish with the pole included for less than you will pay in the stores send me a PM.  Sorry about the sideways pics, stupid phone

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 30 Posts