Tickle Stick Ice Rods

12/25/15 @ 10:18 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Pointer Eye Slayer
Pointer Eye Slayer
USER since 4/12/09
Hey, does anyone have one of these, and if so, how do you like it? It seems like a great concept but I'm not confident that they won't break the first time out. Have others had issues with these breaking? I know the 13 brand open water rods are overpriced, brittle, and garbage so I'm hoping its not the same for this rod. Any information would be great! Thanks!
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 Posts
12/28/15 @ 9:26 AM
BigMusky12
BigMusky12
MEMBER since 12/22/04
I got one last year and use it as a spoon and minnow bait rod because I don't like how they bottom out sensitive spring bobbers on my croix's. It works really well for this application and can still detect upbites from crappie.

Seems more durable than than the quick tip I had previously had and broke. Still have to be careful with them.

Post Your Comment
12/28/15 @ 7:50 AM
Duffin
Duffin
USER since 12/16/10
How does this rod compare to the UL widow maker from fishin 13. I assume they are both panfish rods. Is the intended application (depths, lures etc) different?

Post Your Comment
12/25/15 @ 10:32 PM
Otter Box
Otter Box
USER since 12/10/14
Have a 27" UL that I got last year and used the heck out of it on gills, perch & crappie. I have had no issues with it, it has worked great. I don't think it's over prices at $50, since a cheap rod is $15 - $25 and my DH Customs I have cost me over $100 each, making the Tickle a decent mid range priced rod. These rods go in a hard case and are taken care of, reduces tip issues along with most other customer complaints. Merry Christmas & Happy Fishing!

Post Your Comment
12/25/15 @ 3:29 PM
dux42
dux42
USER since 10/30/11
Just bought one two weeks ago, haven't got it out yet due to no ice, but I had the same question but from what I was told was that they have been improved and are less likely to break now, they worked most of the kinks out. Seems like a really nice rod, can't wait to test it out. When I bought a meat stick by Jason Mitchel I herd they would break right of way to and I've been fishing with the same one for years now and have landed multiple northerns and walleye on it while fishing for crappie. Just have to take care of them!

Post Your Comment
12/25/15 @ 10:39 AM
voldie
voldie
USER since 2/8/11
I have one in the 24 inch and love it. I do know a few who had the 27 inch and the tips have broken. They replaced under warranty no questions asked. Haven't had any problems with the replacements.

Post Your Comment