I’m in the market for a flip over shanty with a thermal canvas.  Previously had an Otter uninsulated flip shanty which was great, it was durable but with two little kids I would like an insulated one.  My two biggest constraints are weight of the shanty and overall length.  I have a truck with the short 5’6” bed so nothing longer than 66” folded up.  Secondly the weight, my old Otter while awesome was heavy as heck and trying to lift that thing into the bed of my truck after a long day was no fun.  I’m looking at some options to assist with this such as a crank and plank to pull shanty up but looking to not go much over 100lbs empty weight.  My old Otter had a bench but I am open to trying the swivel seats and adding a chair or bucket for one kiddo. The seats seemed much more comfortable when i tried them. 

Ive looked at several brands thus far.  The Eskimos didn’t seem as durable or well made as Otters/Clam/Frabil. The Otters are nice but a little pricey and heavy. Think I’m down to the Frabil and Clams and really the Clam Nanook or Yukon.  The Frabil series look nice but I haven’t been able to find a Citadel series to sit in and see for myself, plus based on the website info I’m not sure they would fit in my truck bed.  They’re a touch more $$ than the Clams as well.  

Anyone out there have a thermal Nanook or Citadel and your opinions?  The Nanook this year went from a 600 to 900 denier thermal canvas which seems like it would retain some nice heat.  The Yukon looks to be about the same size but a higher ceiling so ability to stand up in it.  

Thanks for for any input