swish rod tips?

12/28/14 @ 10:30 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Carp King
Carp King
USER since 8/7/01
I just got a swish rod for Christmas. Any tips on how to rig this rod? Which way do you put the line on the reel, do you turn the spool counter-clockwise to retrieve? I'm planning on setting this rod up for Big Green Lake for the real deep water fishing. Also what is that big metal thing they put on the line for Mendota perch fishing. I think it's a thing made from welding rod.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 Posts
1/2/15 @ 7:17 PM
Carp King
Carp King
USER since 8/7/01
Gene hooked us up. I'm putting ten pound line on and now I just need some decent ice.

Post Your Comment
12/30/14 @ 6:46 PM
Driftless Bowhunter
Driftless Bowhunter
USER since 12/14/11
Carp King.....looks like you live in Madison, so stop in at DS Bait on Northport and Gene can fix you up. He has the copper sinkers there, which run about 2-1/2 bucks.

Post Your Comment
12/29/14 @ 8:22 PM
nubbz07
nubbz07
USER since 12/31/09
My weights are 6" prieces of 1/2" copper pipe filled with lead and crimped and sodered on each end. Then I drilled a hole each end.

Post Your Comment
12/29/14 @ 12:52 PM
Mike Nitro
Mike Nitro
USER since 4/3/14
You can rig a swish rod any way you want to reel the line in. Mine reels clockwise. The metal rods are used as a sinker to get the line to self-set as it pulls line out of the reel. Set the depth by hooking the line on the small wire tabs on the reel. Nice set up for deep water perch..

Post Your Comment