Strikemaster magnum problems

12/28/14 @ 4:02 PM
ORIGINAL POST
icefish24
icefish24
USER since 9/7/14
I just purchased a new strikemaster magnum 2hp this year. I used it 3 times already without issues. Now, I went to start it and it wont start. It starts when its on full choke, then when I switch it to run it dies. Also, the primer bulb wont fill with gas. I need help guys, I’m on a fishing trip now and I need a working auger. Thanks
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 Posts
12/29/14 @ 8:12 PM
adam k
adam k
USER since 12/15/10
I dont run Strikemaster, however a good start would be what all the fellas said below. Also what has worked for me in the past was disassembling the carb and cleaning it. Even tho its a new unit there could very well be a small piece of debris that got in the carb. Try emptying and filling with new gas, new spark plug. This has all worked for me in the past. I understand the frustration with being a new auger because iv'e went through it in the past. One other tip, and i may take some heat for this but i have always ran a good amount of sea-foam in my auger in the past few years and have never had a problem starting, idling, running of the engine.

Post Your Comment
12/29/14 @ 5:23 PM
mgm
mgm
USER since 2/1/09
Not being a jerk, but that is exactly why I got rid of my strikemaster. I was tired of all the BS with starting and running problems.

I now have an ION, we will see how this works out.

Post Your Comment
12/29/14 @ 11:16 AM
bluefin16
bluefin16
USER since 1/9/08
Sounds like your sucking air . check that your lines are tight and no cracks. If not that then I agree its probably freezing

Post Your Comment
12/29/14 @ 8:50 AM
ajs
ajs
USER since 12/19/01
The new magnum has a solo engine which does not have a tank vent screw. it is a line with a small check valve at the end. First thing is have you brought the auger inside to thaw and warm it up? You may have moisture in the carb that froze and wont allow fuel flow.

Ajs

Post Your Comment
12/28/14 @ 10:34 PM
Owtdorsmn
Owtdorsmn
USER since 2/12/02
I second fltlndr...........easiest thing on something new like that. Sounds as if vent is not open

Post Your Comment
12/28/14 @ 6:51 PM
fltlndr
fltlndr
USER since 12/25/02
Make sure your vent screw is open. Take your cap off and put it back on. Maybe the vent is plugged. Just throwing out suggestions.

Post Your Comment
12/28/14 @ 5:21 PM
marbleeyes7
marbleeyes7
USER since 4/1/12
Check the hose going to the bulb or crack in gas tank or loose fitting on gas line. Try to look up if you have a idle adjust screw. I'd not sounds like flooded or gummed up carb. Good luck where you at on your trip. Might have a connection close that could take a look at it.

Post Your Comment