Strike Master Auger Recoil Pulley Bolt

1/4/16 @ 10:16 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Tactics
Tactics
USER since 12/26/11
Hey guys. For the last few years my StrikeMaster Magnum pulley continuously comes loose because the bolt that holds the pulley to the recoil housing. http://www.searspartsdirect.com/tecumseh-all-products-parts/650987/0071/143/model-TC300/1068/1503500.html Part 1 is what I'm wondering about. It is just a plain bolt/screw as far as I can tell. Due to the rotary force, it keeps unseating itself when the rip cord is pulled. Does anyone have any thoughts on how to correct this? Is there a special bolt that I should be using? Any help would be great. Thank You!
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 Posts
1/6/16 @ 8:33 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12
If that doesn't work, going to the next size bigger may work, but would have to see the problem in order to better understand the proper fix. Good luck Tactics

Post Your Comment
1/5/16 @ 10:32 PM
Tactics
Tactics
USER since 12/26/11
I have not tried the green. I will get a bottle of that. I did wipe everything down thoroughly an added a bit of lubricant to screw/washer and re added the blue Locktite. So far tonight after doing this things seem to be holding better. Less friction I think between washer and bolt head. We will see if it holds

Post Your Comment
1/5/16 @ 9:32 PM
amaranthlost
amaranthlost
USER since 5/31/10
Have you tried the green (290)? Higher breakaway than the blue but not as high as the red.

Post Your Comment
1/5/16 @ 8:58 PM
Tactics
Tactics
USER since 12/26/11
I have tried that. I'm considering adding a little dab of lubricant to the washer between the head of the bolt and the washer to reduce friction. Was hoping for a more permanent fix but nothe sure there is one

Post Your Comment
1/5/16 @ 8:45 AM
Tim Zwieg
Zwiegs
USER since 1/10/12
I second the blue Loctite, but as was said below, red creates more of a permanent connection that you will not get apart to easily, go with blue.

Post Your Comment
1/5/16 @ 7:06 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12
I would try Blue Loctite. I don't know how much surface area your screw is making contact, but Would give it a try. Don't use Red.

Post Your Comment