Stealth STX Auger - Primer Bulb leaking

2/2/15 @ 5:34 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Night Eyes
Night Eyes
USER since 5/6/06
Mine is starting to leak on me. Has anyone here ever replaced one before, especially on this unit? Jiffy says it's only replaceable with the carbeurator. The heck with that.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 Posts
2/23/15 @ 7:06 AM
ajs
ajs
USER since 12/19/01
I have seen them with either one. I looked at the one i had here at the shop at the time i posted. And it was also a chinese enigine. Must have a change depending on year. Either way i,m glad you got it taken care of.

Ajs

Post Your Comment
2/22/15 @ 3:45 PM
Night Eyes
Night Eyes
USER since 5/6/06
In the event anyone else is looking to replace one, I found the proper replacement: Walbro 188-12-1

Post Your Comment
2/15/15 @ 8:49 PM
Night Eyes
Night Eyes
USER since 5/6/06
Well I took a chance and picked up that primer you mentioned. Found it on Amazon. Its far too big though. I'm guessing its for the "older" models. I have the newer Chinese one which has a smaller brown primer bulb. Oh well. I'm gonna check a local small engine shop this week and see if they can come up with anything that will work.

Post Your Comment
2/3/15 @ 7:30 AM
ajs
ajs
USER since 12/19/01
Yes i have replaced them at the shop i work for. It may not be the exact one but it functions exactly the same. Walbro part number 188-13-1 is the one ive used. And yes jiffy only sells the carb as a unit but it is dirt cheap. I change them all the time here.

Ajs

Post Your Comment