MORE
Ice Fishing

Snowmobile or ATV

9/12/18 @ 8:36 AM
INITIAL POST
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

Picked up a snowmobile this summer and should have a 4wheeler within the next month, wondering what you guys use/prefer and why? Obviously a UTV with tracks would be ideal, but that's not an option.

Leaning towards the snowmobile since it has a studded track and I wouldn't have to worry about getting stuck in slush but it doesn't have reverse and I'm not getting a drive on/drive off trailer so it might be a pain getting in/out of the truck alone.

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
9/20/18 @ 1:39 PM
USAbrams1991
USAbrams1991
User since 2/13/17

"I envy those track ATV’s, but I would think they would ice up if not thawed also. Some people don’t have a thawing shelter? Lol"

Tracks on an ATV don't freeze unless left in pools of slush to freeze solid. They're really no more of an issue than your truck/car wheels in the winter. The moving parts free themselves very well.

9/18/18 @ 2:51 PM
Zwiegs
User since 1/10/12

I hear you guys on sleds and 4 wheelers, I've been there done that.  I am to old for that stuff, this year I broke the bank.  I bought a Polaris Ranger, and ordered tracks for it.  Tracks should be delivered this Saturday, I am pumped to say the least.  I have used a buddy's Ranger with tracks, I cannot wait!!

9/12/18 @ 9:09 AM
USAbrams1991
USAbrams1991
User since 2/13/17

ATV with tracks. Hands down the best ice fishing investment I've ever made. Much cheaper than a UTV, plenty of storage, plenty of ride height, goes through anything.

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE