Small Engine Maintenance

12/8/14 @ 2:47 PM
ORIGINAL POST
JustPerchinAround
JustPerchinAround
USER since 1/16/14
I am constantly reading about small engine problems on here. I'll be honest, I don't understand the issues. I have ice augers, string trimmers, snow throwers, lawn mowers, and leaf blowers. I have never once had issues with them not starting or carbs clogging or anything else. I am not a mechanic or even mechanically inclined. My solution is simple. I run premium fuels and oils in my machines. I use a small amount of fuel stabilizer in all of them. Now here's what I believe is the most important step I take with all of my machines….. I RUN THEM REGULARLY!!! That's right, I don't let any of my small engines sit un-used for extended periods of time. Even in the dead of summer I start my auger and let it run for a few minutes from time to time. Same principle applies to all of my small engines. Engines are meant to run, letting them sit for extended periods of time just doesn't make sense to me. My Eskimo is 7 or 8 years old and it started on the first pull yesterday……just a little food for thought guys and gals….
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 2 of 2 Posts
12/8/14 @ 10:55 PM
NukeDaWhales
NukeDaWhales
USER since 12/1/10
+1 I always run all my engines thought the year. Maybe I am bored or maybe I just love to start things up and hear them run and wish it was in season to use whatever piece of equipment I am messing around with. Nothing like starting up the snowmobile in October after putting the bike away and wishing for snow lol

Post Your Comment