SE Wisconsin Ice Fishing Tournaments

12/17/15 @ 4:13 PM
ORIGINAL POST
UpNorthWisconsin
UpNorthWisconsin
USER since 12/17/15
If/when we get ice this year just wondering if anyone knows of or has information on any ice fishing tournaments in SE Wisconsin this year. Thanks.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 11 Posts
1/11/16 @ 5:23 PM
Mafia
Mafia
USER since 1/12/14
I must correct myself, in all fairness, the 2nd -15 acre lake was not in the circuit, I talked to fishermen that fished there later tournement day after they were done with their limits on the first 15 acre lake

Post Your Comment
1/11/16 @ 4:42 PM
Mafia
Mafia
USER since 1/12/14
Russell I'm glade you made changes. I live between the TWO fifteen acre lakes and remember two years ago walking out and seeing hundreds of gills on the ice and asking why there was so many people keeping so many fish and the fishermen stating its tournament time. The guys also Pre-fished limits 2-3 days before the tournament. These guys are really good fishermen and hope with the advertising there's something left for the summer fishermen- The other 15 a acre lake is outside of Howard's. If it's legal I guess it's O.K.?

Post Your Comment
1/11/16 @ 7:52 AM
russell gahagan
Russell Gahagan
USER since 5/7/03
Mafia, I run the tournaments held at Anglers Avenue and appreciate your opinion and am ALWAYS willing to discuss anyones thoughts on how to make things better. This year our list of lakes includes Crystal Lake, Gerber Lake, Long Lake (fon du lac) Croked lake, Cedar Lake (Manitowoc) and Lake Ellen. I am not 100% positive but I believe all of these lakes are larger than 15 acres except one and also all of these lakes have fisheries and or other tournaments on them that have more participants than ours except one. Our events average 25 teams or so which is 50 guys. Each team brings to shore a 12 fish limit. So thats 12 fish for two guys they kill. Ofcourse they have the choice to keep more for a meal if they want. Since the beginning we have made some improvements like putting a minimum size limit on the fish to avoid keeping smaller fish and lowering the amount of fish each team weighs to help manage the amount of fish being taken from the lake. I can personally say that any given weekend all of these lakes see enough traffic to keep way more than what is taken from our events and I feel pretty good about how we are handling the tournies. If you want to talk about ways we can do better I am all ears......

Russell Gahagan (920)395-2079

(920) 395-2406
Post Your Comment
1/10/16 @ 1:02 PM
Mafia
Mafia
USER since 1/12/14
Tournament fishing on 15 acre lakes seems like a bad idea. I sure hope the people who fish these think about that. I'm talking about the Anglers Ave posting? I don't believe these guys do any catch and releasing right?

Post Your Comment
1/10/16 @ 11:16 AM
fish-stick
fish-stick
USER since 1/12/14
Lunkers Unlimited is holding its 40th Annual Fishoree and Meat Raffle on Pewaukee Lake at Curly's Waterfront Sports bar and Grill. Saturday the 16th of January... Registration starts at 7:00 AM Meat Raffles every ten minutes starting at 10:00 AM !!! Enter to win a Frabil ice shanty or our exclusive Meat Freezer! Attached is a link to our Club Web Site with additional Info.

http://lunkersunlimitedwi.com

jeffbartlett2@gmail.com

Post Your Comment
1/10/16 @ 8:42 AM
Nephew_Nick
Nephew_Nick
USER since 9/8/13
The UW-Whitewater Fishing Team will be hosting an Ice Jamboree on February 21st on Lake Beulah. Lots of raffle items including a Jiffy Ice Auger and beaver dam tip ups. There will also be a meat raffle. Any questions feel free to pm me or call our president on the bottom of the flyer. Thanks!

Post Your Comment
1/1/16 @ 6:52 PM
Pilgrim
Pilgrim
USER since 6/26/01
check out AmericanFishingContests . com There are over 200 ice fishing contests in 2016 listed in WI

Post Your Comment
12/18/15 @ 10:01 AM
Fish Hound
Fish Hound
USER since 1/29/02
Anglers Avenue in Sheboygan has a three tournament circuit set to start January 9th if there is ice. Free entry and Russ usually does a great job getting sponsor prizes. Get together back in Sheboygan at Anglers Avenue Pub and Grill for prizes after fishing.

If you have any questions give him a call: 920-395-2406

Post Your Comment
12/18/15 @ 9:46 AM
UpNorthWisconsin
UpNorthWisconsin
USER since 12/17/15
Thank you.

Post Your Comment
12/17/15 @ 4:27 PM
AllDayIDreamAboutSmallies
AllDayIDreamAboutSmallies
MEMBER since 3/14/06