Regulations

3/4/14 @ 9:43 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Bigeyehunter1
Bigeyehunter1
MEMBER since 12/27/13
hi everyone now that its march 4th does anyone know what the regulations are for ice fishing. Can we still use tip ups? can we keep any game fish ? your help is appreciated
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 54 Posts
9/5/14 @ 9:24 AM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01
WDNR Deer Hunting Regulation (changes) FAQ site:

http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/wildlifehabitat/dtrfaq.html

http://dnr.wi.gov/files/PDF/pubs/wm/WM0554.pdf

Edited on 9/5/14 9:28 AM
Post Your Comment
3/24/14 @ 8:46 AM
centralwiwalleyeslayer2
centralwiwalleyeslayer2
USER since 2/15/10
that's why I fish where its open year round less problems

Post Your Comment
3/24/14 @ 8:44 AM
sassy 1
sassy 1
USER since 8/25/09
the beat goes on some funny stuff only on lake link..

Post Your Comment
3/24/14 @ 8:29 AM
cds
cds
USER since 9/18/01
Hooked - of course. You can legally catch all the panfish you want. Or are able to.

But keeping is a different story. You cannot continue fishing once you've filled the statewide daily bag....Panfish "in aggregate" means 25 perch crappies bluegills or sunfish. Combined or one species only,doesn't matter.

I believe you can fill a bag limit on a lake with reduced bag limit,then go to another lake to fill out the statewide bag but you cannot exceed the statewide daily bag limit...with possible exceptions of IA/MN border waters.

But again,ALWAYS check with the WDNR on these questions and don't take my word - or that of ANY anonymous website poster - for what amounts to a question of law....Legal advice.

I remember back when inland gamefish closed on March 1st every year. That particular year the last day of Feb was a Sunday. I assumed gamefish was closed. My truck was loaded with my panfish gear,my walleye ice stuff was already in the basement.

I sat down to Lake-Link for a cup of coffee and a read before I headed out for bluegills. A discussion broke out here on whether gamefish ended THAT day or the previous day at midnight. The majority of posters said gamefish was closed - anyone fishing gamefish that day was a violator and a poacher.

So I called the WDNR and asked. The nice lady said that "all dates inclusive" means it closed March 1st at midnight. I could go walleye fishing....

I repacked my truck. I ignored the well-meaning "legal" advice from the LL peanut gallery. I had the best walleye icefishing day of the season.

Post Your Comment
3/23/14 @ 3:48 PM
Get Hooked
Get Hooked
USER since 9/1/09
I apologize if my comments have offended some of you, I do not feel that I am more Holy than anyone else. But really, With a statement like "does anyone know what the regulations are for ice fishing. Can we still use tip ups? can we keep any game fish ?" is asked, I have to wonder. I agree the reg book can be a bit tedious, But leave it in your magazine rack by your toilet and you can learn a lot. LoL Again I apologize if I ruffled any feathers.

Lets try another "reg" question......

If I catch 25 Perch on Lake A, Can I still go to Lake B and catch 15 Crappie? Wondering

Post Your Comment
3/23/14 @ 1:36 PM
wskiph
wskiph
USER since 9/3/11
hrdwtradict....only wrote one sentence,,with no mention of how smart I am or or of being better,,shows how smart you are

Post Your Comment
3/23/14 @ 9:22 AM
sassy 1
sassy 1
USER since 8/25/09
Well said tired of these self.important blowhards myself

Post Your Comment
3/23/14 @ 6:07 AM
hrdwtradict
hrdwtradict
USER since 11/25/12
its funny how some come here to hear themselves talk...you'll write a book about where to look for regs or how "scared" you are as to why a member wont read or doesn't know the "cumbersome" pamphlet. nobody cares about your longwinded opinions. if you cant answer an ice fishing reg. question on an ice fishing thread on a fishing website then don't. your holier than thou attitudes are plain ridiculous. and if you don't understand todays "instant gratification" that's too bad...you're not half as smart as you think you are.

Post Your Comment
3/22/14 @ 7:05 PM
wskiph
wskiph
USER since 9/3/11
interesting the amount of people that can't read a reg. pamphlet or find info on DNR website,,,sure is scary

Post Your Comment
3/22/14 @ 11:17 AM
Rob92761
Rob92761
USER since 1/16/07
it not how the regulation are written it is how the warden interpret it. you could ask three different wardens a question on any one regulation and get three different answers.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 54 Posts