Post pics of your favorite panfish rod setup!

2/2/16 @ 3:07 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Pointer Eye Slayer
Pointer Eye Slayer
USER since 4/12/09
Well, with all the discussion about fiberglass vs. Carbon rods, strait line vs. spinning reels, what is your go-to panfish setup?, post pictures for all to see Smile
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 Posts
2/2/16 @ 10:41 PM
MileMark_714
MileMark_714
USER since 12/26/10
A few of my early builds.I have since upgraded the guides and tweaked the action.I just can't see paying close to a hundo for a"custom"rod that only cost 5.00 for the blank.Yeah,some of the cost is in the Recoil guides,which are not really necessary.Flexilite guides are just as good,but cost a lot less.So are Minima4 guides.

Post Your Comment
2/2/16 @ 10:18 PM
1fowl one
1fowl one
USER since 12/9/10
Sorry, I have a lot of favorites, a picture of some. I have a couple St. Croix rods but I don't use them much. I prefer the ones I built. I suggest, you should try a home/self built rod. Just something about it? I'm not really serious about pan fishing so I'll get a little crazy with some of the handles i have horns, duck calls, jaw bone, Harley grips, cork and copper, hand wound wire, etc. But you can build a rod how you want from blanks, guides, colors, length and handles. I haven't got real serious yet. I'm trying to teach my son. so Reinke Bros has everything I need. But I have seen some really nice blanks and cork on the web.

Post Your Comment