panfish plastics

2/24/14 @ 9:39 PM
ORIGINAL POST
The Outdoorskid
The Outdoorskid
USER since 1/16/12
i dont want to keep spending money on waxies and getting my hands cold when i change my bait... i need help finding plastics that can consistantly catch fish. ive had where i would put a plastic on and i will get a couple and the other marks wont hit. then i change and ill get a couple more and then no more... thanks
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 31 Posts
12/9/14 @ 10:40 AM
The Outdoorskid
The Outdoorskid
USER since 1/16/12
i was using a normal ratso tail on a pug bug jig by vmc and i slayed some nice crappies and gills in southeastern wi! Big Smile

Post Your Comment
10/17/14 @ 9:47 AM
The Outdoorskid
The Outdoorskid
USER since 1/16/12
thanks guys its about 2 more months and its time to ice fish! cant wait? Cool btw pick up the new tumbler spoon by VMC its great!

Post Your Comment
8/18/14 @ 7:03 PM
icebelt
icebelt
USER since 10/22/13
fishing plastic is best, stick with it and confidence will happen any plastic works.I have cut tentacles off a kids ball with the flashing light in it and clobbered jumbo`s 10.5 and up it is not hard to do.

Post Your Comment
8/18/14 @ 3:05 PM
ICE JUNKIES OUTDOORS
ICE JUNKIES OUTDOORS
USER since 8/18/14
Jr"s tails, Maki plastics, Cache custom plastics, and StankX plastics...the best out there right now. Cache customs have a killer color selection...

Post Your Comment
3/24/14 @ 6:50 PM
Polish Fisherman
Polish Fisherman
USER since 12/27/01
I hit Geneva this past weekend and used nothing but plastics and I out fished my Dad and buddy using live bait!!!

Post Your Comment
3/21/14 @ 9:22 PM
The Outdoorskid
The Outdoorskid
USER since 1/16/12
i bought some plastics at a local baitshop called finns in wind lake and i got some pink with sparkles "wedgies"...look just like the whip and i actually hammered the gills on wind lake. they werent all the biggest but the big ones i got just completely hammered it ended up with 15 though 7.5-9 inchers hopin to do it tomorow too! Big Smile

Edited on 3/21/14 9:23 PM
Post Your Comment
3/5/14 @ 9:03 PM
Hang'emHigh
Hang'emHigh
USER since 4/5/13
Great information TheWhipGuy. Best color for the situation is huge..couldn't agree with you more. Great color suggestions as well! Haved used the same colors through the ice with success.

Post Your Comment
3/5/14 @ 1:55 PM
TheWhipGuy
TheWhipGuy
USER since 2/13/10
A ton of excellent plastics jigging tips so far on this thread. One thing I forgot to mention is color and maybe somebody out there tried plastics for the first time and used fluorescent chartreuse because it is usually a killer in the summer. All the colors can be dynamite at times, but many are specialty or situational.

For bluegill and crappie, my default starting color is red. Our Motor Oil color is reddish (not greenish like some others) and a close second. Blood Red and Orange almost always work. Also been selling lots of Bubble Gum and use it alot myself. Crappies seem to love it. Notice a pattern... all have red in them.

Here's my take on some other colors but each lake is different. Experiment when they are biting, to see if your bites increase or decrease. Use 2 identically rigged poles down the same hole and see which one gets more bites.

Pearl/White - Best dark/night crappie color Black - Great picky crappie color Purple - Real good all around - Perch seem to favor it. Yellow chartreuse - Perch in a stained flowage!

Off topic - in the summer I drift with 1/32 oz jig and the Whip. Bubble Gum, Yellow chartreuse, red, purple all work great. Side note - was drifting with Lindy rigs and leaches for walleyes. Spilled the leaches under the floor boards of the boat. Put a full purple Whip on the Lindy Rig and got 2 keeper walleyes! You never know.

Keep experimenting and Good Fishing! Chris

Edited on 3/5/14 1:55 PM
Post Your Comment
3/5/14 @ 7:57 AM
crappiekillers
crappiekillers
USER since 12/27/10
I agree with reality Jr's Jig Tails my favorite plastics and if you go to their Facebook page the perch that they're catching on Devils Lake South Dakota are amazing Great local family owned business and I think they're out of Antioch Illinois very reasonable prices and I've caught many fish on two pieces of plastic we use them all year around on our local lakes!!

Post Your Comment
3/5/14 @ 7:53 AM
reality
reality
USER since 1/18/12
i like jrs. jig tails there scented and come in like 50 colors try ice fishing and panfish sizes i think youll be impressed by the results Wink

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 31 Posts