Otter Xt 650 Reviews

1/16/15 @ 7:34 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Bite_size_to a_bluegill
Bite_size_to a_bluegill
USER since 12/26/04
I purchased this shack from fleet last week friday for $629.99. Assembly was frustrating seeing how otter forgot the instructions and supports for the bench seat in the box. Shell was tight to the point where the front bar sat 8" off the ice. I sent them and email complaining about my issue and they sent me a brand new replacement canvas shell. Great costumer service. The shack offers one small storage pocket sewn on the back wall and nothing else. The sled is of course durable, but when fishing 2 angler's and the guy on the flat part of the sled gets up better hope the other guy better hang on because the shack will tip over from the angle side of the sled. I had to put a bucket under the one side to prevent that from tipping over. Also this shack doesnt come with a tow rope. The bench seat is super heavy and when u swivel it up you cant just let it go because there is nothing to stop it from going all the way back and hitting the back side of the canvas. Im thinking about returning mine and looking for something else. Suggestions? Also may sell the shell they sent me is anyone is looking pm me.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 Posts
1/16/15 @ 9:09 PM
Bite_size_to a_bluegill
Bite_size_to a_bluegill
USER since 12/26/04
Yes mine is the 2 man Otter XT 650 cabin. Pm me if anyone is interested in the shell. Ill sell it allot cheaper than new. Overall its a solid shack. Just lacks in some features that i like in an ice shack.

Post Your Comment
1/16/15 @ 10:21 AM
marbleeyes7
marbleeyes7
USER since 4/1/12
huh- sorry to hear that. i have been running an xt900 for 3 years now and it has been fantastic. you can do as i did in an old otter wild, sell the bench seat and buy the swivel seats makes a huge diffeance and also helps with the sled tipping issue. also keep the heaver guy away from the sloped side of the sled. i also would store most of the gear on the non sloped side to eliminate this problem. $8 for a high quality rope solves the no rope issue as most others come with a cheap rope anyways. is yours a 2 man and what size might be interested in the shell.

Post Your Comment