SEARCH
MORE
Ice Fishing

Otter Shelters

11/18/17 @ 8:21 AM
INITIAL POST
BGerrits
User since 12/25/16

I think I’ve decided to go with an Otter XT shelter.   Debating on what size.   I’m thinking with just going with the big resort, since I have kids and buddies who will join from time to time.   Is there any reason not to get the resort?  I understand it doesn’t fit in the bed of a truck, but I don’t think that will be a big deal for me.   Will be towing with AtV

Any input would be appreciated

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
11/20/17 @ 9:11 AM
USAbrams1991
USAbrams1991
User since 2/13/17

When my Fishtrap Voyager becomes unrepairable, a 3 man Otter will be next in the garage. Probably the best shacks on the market.

11/19/17 @ 7:39 PM
BGerrits
User since 12/25/16

I went with the Otter Lodge XT Pro.    They wanted $120 extra even for in store pickup since it was a special order for the resort.

Glad I went with the Lodge, if anyone has any questions let me know.  Set it up in a few hours. 

11/18/17 @ 5:13 PM
hookinbiglips
hookinbiglips
User since 2/25/07

I have the otter xt cabin and it has so much room. It weighs a little on the heavy side full of gear but I still drag it around. I believe it has 22sq feet of fishable space and a 48 inch bench I love the bench it sits high so your back won't hurt as much. Also I am 6 ft with boots and i can stand in it.

11/18/17 @ 12:43 PM
Paddle Power
Paddle Power
User since 1/6/17

My cousin has a Cottage XT, which is a big 1 man. I have fished in it with him for 8+ hours several times. We're both 6ft 200ish lbs. It's tight, 2 flashers, a buddy heater and limited gear, basically tackle.

Both my uncles have a Lodge XT. Fished all day a number of times with both. Plenty of room for a pair of buckets, 2 flashers, a buddy heater lots of gear for both. I have fished a handful of nights chasing crappies with 3 guys in the Lodge, it's do-able but minimizing gear for 3 adults is needed if you're going to go all day.  

I would think the Lodge size or bigger will accomodate 1 adult and 2 kids no problem for many hours. Family of 4 (2 kids) or 3 guys with gear definately go with the Resort. I happen to like the bench seats too if thats worth anything. 

As far as quality I don't think you can go wrong with Otter. Yeah they're on the heavier side but they're well made. One of my uncle's is on his 5th season and its held up very well, he tows it with an atv. My next shanty will be an Otter.

11/18/17 @ 11:41 AM
Fisher123
User since 7/6/06
I have the lodge, it fits 2 very easily and 3 doesnt make it cramped. The resort will not have space issues for you at all. The only draw back i see with it is the weight. If you dont plan on pulling it by hand, it wont be an issue. It is a heavy shack, but they are built tough. 
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE