old lazer auger

12/17/14 @ 11:16 AM
ORIGINAL POST
tipper 2
tipper 2
USER since 3/10/08
I have one of the first 5in lazer augers, is it a 2 piece? It doesn't have the bolt/ wing nut. Does it unscrew? And if so can I buy an adapter to use with a drill gun
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 Posts
12/24/14 @ 12:10 AM
Bull Gill
Bull Gill
USER since 2/7/02
They are at least two different mfg of ice auger adapters that work with a threaded as well as the bolted adapters for the lazer ,not sure but ice KIcker makes 3 models one is just bolt and one is bolt or thread last one is geared so you can use a bigger auger they cost 4 times what the first 2 mentioned does ,are listed on e bay average price for threaded model is under 25 delivered,I don't recall the name of of the other one that is threaded but they go for about 30 around here. but that one comes with a disk drilled out for a bungee so you don't loose your auger

Post Your Comment
12/18/14 @ 7:07 AM
fcs
fcs
USER since 2/13/04
My old laser is over 20 years old and yes it is 2 piece. You can see where the plated crank piece screws into the black auger part. But you probably won't get it apart without a torch, and it wouldn't mate with the drill adapter. I don't know if there was a one piece version before mine.

The old laser is about 6 inches longer and quite a bit heavier than the current ones. The blade guard less aggravating too.

Post Your Comment
12/17/14 @ 5:23 PM
fishermandune
fishermandune
USER since 4/10/13
I agree leave old trusty lazer as is because they are not made that with that kind of quality any more!

Post Your Comment
12/17/14 @ 11:48 AM
Robbollio
Robbollio
USER since 10/17/04
They are welded. So no. You would have to saw below the weld and drill your own hole for a bolt and nut. You could then drill a hole through what's left of the handle to make it a hand auger again. I just bought a new eskimo for my drill. And leave the old trusty lazer as is.

Post Your Comment