No safe ice on the upper lakes for sturgeon spearing

12/18/15 @ 7:34 AM
ORIGINAL POST
jiffysteve
jiffysteve
USER since 1/14/08
For the sake of argument--what will the DNR do should there be no safe ice for spearing on the upper lakes? Does anyone have an answer? Will our status be frozen for the following year, maintain the rights to spear upper lake for 2017? Just curious, it could very well happen.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 Posts
12/31/15 @ 1:02 PM
GROUPER
GROUPER
USER since 12/6/02
Spear Gun, is that legal. that would be an awesome fight.

Post Your Comment
12/20/15 @ 3:43 AM
ariddle4me2
ariddle4me2
USER since 1/16/11
I thought because of instances like this is why the DNA changed the dates for when people needed to purchase their licenses for spearing. So in cases of bad ice or no ice they still collect their money from license sales to continue managing the sturgeon population.

Post Your Comment
12/18/15 @ 6:22 PM
beachcomber II
beachcomber II
USER since 12/7/13
the season is what it is . the dnr doesn't cancel anything out. the rest of us spearing winny wont get any of our money back if the lake don't freeze its all up to ma nature. im not so worried about ice that's a long ways away but I think with all this water running through the system its gonna be real bad visability.

Post Your Comment
12/18/15 @ 2:52 PM
jiffysteve
jiffysteve
USER since 1/14/08
That would be the same as trying to contact Obama and you'd get the same type of answer ,dance around the question and not say anything constructive, tell me a bunch of lies and make me out to be the bad guy for asking the question. Just wanted to pool the experts on the question crossbow d.

Post Your Comment
12/18/15 @ 11:55 AM
crossbow davio
crossbow davio
USER since 2/22/05
this happened back in the late 90's there should be enough ice by February driving full size trucks may be dicey but i believe four wheelers should be ok and not to be a jerk but why not call or email the DNR with your question? Wondering Wink

Post Your Comment
12/18/15 @ 10:08 AM
Cold Front
Cold Front
USER since 7/9/01
I think the Dive shops are going to be busy this year. A wet suit and spear gun should do the trick. Kind of like trolling. Mrt.

Post Your Comment