New skid house build with pictures

7/8/14 @ 6:18 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Cfilbert
Cfilbert
USER since 7/8/14
We'll I decided to bite the bullet and build my own skid house. After reading and reviewing all of the forums here I made a trip to menards. Three hundred dollars later I was ready to start. In the first picture is the frame, it is two 2x6x10 with the inside one notched to hold the 2x4 joists. Under the joists is 1/4"plywood sealed both sides screwed and glued. There is 3 1/2" styrofoam with an R-14 value at this point in the third picture I am in three hours of labor. I will work on it tomorrow and post some more pics. Let me know if I'm making too many mistakes.
Edited on 7/8/14 6:22 PM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 Posts
7/13/14 @ 5:45 PM
Cfilbert
Cfilbert
USER since 7/8/14
We'll I decided on plexiglass windows. Double pane. Hopefully that will help tho keep the frost off. Finished sheeting the walls, insulaed the ceiling and sheeted it. As for heating I am going to use my Coleman cook stove with two wall vents with dampers. I will wire the shack for 12 volt for lights, a clip on two speed fan and voltage meter. Started to think of how to finish the inside I am thinking for this year just using white tyvek to cover the stryofoam with a 16 in strip of peg board running horizontally along both long walls. This is for the rattle reels I will mount on 10 inch pegboard hooks. Plus I can make tip down rods with Velcro and a key ring. Whatcha think?

Post Your Comment
7/11/14 @ 12:23 PM
fishncamp
fishncamp
USER since 5/28/08
For windows check the ReStore, that is where i got my windows when i was building mine. I got the door there as well.

Post Your Comment
7/10/14 @ 9:43 PM
Get Hooked
Get Hooked
USER since 9/1/09
Don’t forget to run some wiring for lights. How you plan on heating/venting? I would try and find windows that won’t fog up on you. Sucks to always have to rub windows clean to see out them. Double pane?

Edited on 7/10/14 9:46 PM
Post Your Comment
7/10/14 @ 6:21 PM
Cfilbert
Cfilbert
USER since 7/8/14
Day three. Some of the walls sheeted with 1/4in luan and the door set. Can't finish the sheeting until if find some windows. What do you think of plexiglass windows. Personally thinking some type of casement so I can crack the window.

Edited on 7/10/14 6:22 PM
Post Your Comment
7/9/14 @ 6:41 PM
Cfilbert
Cfilbert
USER since 7/8/14
Day two. Got the floor sheeting down 5/8 plywood holes cut and the walls up and rafters installed now up to four hours of time will post moe pics tommorrow

Edited on 7/9/14 6:42 PM
Post Your Comment