New Ice Fishing Equiptment

9/8/15 @ 12:55 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Tim Zwieg
Zwiegs
USER since 1/10/12
Any new products coming out for the Ice season that anybody has heard of? I see that Eskimo is making a big announcement tomorrow.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 30 Posts
11/23/15 @ 5:17 AM
pembine panfisher
pembine panfisher
USER since 2/1/12
which fleet farm has them thanks alot Smile

Post Your Comment
11/22/15 @ 11:57 PM
ariddle4me2
ariddle4me2
USER since 1/16/11
Mills Fleet Farm has both. That is where I compared both sleds a couple weeks ago.

Post Your Comment
11/22/15 @ 8:44 AM
pembine panfisher
pembine panfisher
USER since 2/1/12
does anybody know of retailer in the green bay or sheboygan area that has the evo 1 and the wide one inferno set up for demo's .

Post Your Comment
11/19/15 @ 8:36 PM
Trophy_Taker
Trophy_Taker
USER since 4/27/08
Not really a new piece of equipment, but will be new to my ice fishing arsenal.

Post Your Comment
11/18/15 @ 5:48 PM
wiel0059
wiel0059
USER since 6/20/14
Ulbian - I couldn't agree more! I ice fish a ton, on a bunch of different lakes, so I see a LOT of anglers out on the ice. There are only a few guys I see all season that truly "run and gun". I posted this on another forum last week, where the EVO was the topic of discussion and I think it fits well here too:

I think this shack fits a pretty cool niche personally. I have a one-man Wide 1 Inferno and a Fatfish 6120i Hub, use them both for very different applications.

However, the new Evo (after getting a chance to look at it at a retailer) fits a pretty cool middle-ground for a lot of anglers. Most guys I see on the ice don’t run and gun with their one-man shacks. I’m just being honest. If you do, this wouldn’t be for you. But, if you fish by yourself or with one other guy, like to move a decent amount but not a ton, this would be an awesome shack.

Its quicker than a hub for sure (I love my hub when I’m with larger groups, fishing cribs, etc.), and has more room than any one or two man I’ve seen. So again, if you fish by yourself a lot and don’t move constantly (and Ulbian by move, I mean long distances like you mentioned), this would be a great shack. If you truly do run and gun, a true one-man flip-over would probably be better. If I had a young kid or an older family member that I went with just us two a lot, I’d buy one of these no questions asked. The two-man has a ton of room, and would be perfect with a kid because its so much easier to set-up than a hub with a kid running around on the ice, but gives you a large foot print which is nice when fishing with a young kid who likes to move around inside.

Again, its not for everyone, but neither is a hub or a traditional one-man. These Evo’s fit a nice middle ground that I think will be great for a lot of anglers.

Post Your Comment
11/18/15 @ 4:56 PM
Ulbian
Ulbian
USER since 9/24/03
How far are you guys traveling when you "run and gun?" Like I said before, you really need to look at the Evo up close in person (not at pics online or youtube videos) before you can really make an educated comment on the thing.

If you are "running and gunning" from one side of the lake to another where the distance is a mile or two then it could be a bit cumbersome. If that's what you are doing then you are packing up all of your gear anyway. If you are moving from spot to spot and only going within a hundred yards or so you wouldn't have to take the thing down completely. Just leave it set up and go to the new location. You're not going to be going 100mph to go a handful of yards regardless of the type of shack you have.

I think that those who get this product will not regret their decision but because it's "different" and people are used to their flip-overs this new item is a bit intimidating because "you can't just flip them over." Nope, you can't, but it's not rocket science to set these things up and take them down. So go and look at them up close, sit in them...then form an opinion. I was initially skeptical and asked myself "what's the point? It won't have the space that a hub does and looks like it could be a pain to set up." Then I sat in both models. My initial knee jerk reaction was proven to be false.... However...I'm used to a hub. I suspect that guys who are comfortable with a hub will have zero issues at all with these things. Anyone who only has experience with a flip-over might have some preliminary concerns.

Post Your Comment
11/17/15 @ 9:13 AM
Tim Zwieg
Zwiegs
USER since 1/10/12
I didn't see these questions on the new Evo's. The Evo one man has about 20 sq ft of fishable space,t eh Wide one Inferna has about 15 sq ft. Yes more and bigger windows in the Evo. You don't necessaril have to stake down the skirting on the Evo, just like a flip over, toss some snow on teh skirt, that will work most of hte time.

If anyone is in town in Minneapolis this weekend stop out to the Blain Hard Water Expo and check out the new houses.

Post Your Comment
11/17/15 @ 3:14 AM
ariddle4me2
ariddle4me2
USER since 1/16/11
There is more room in the new Evo then the wide. The wide is better suited for the fisherman on the go. Larger windows and more of them on the Evo for guys who like to throw a tip up or two.

Post Your Comment
11/16/15 @ 8:34 PM
pembine panfisher
pembine panfisher
USER since 2/1/12
Just wondering how the new evo compares to the eskimo wide 1 inferno if anybody has seen them side by side.Thanks alot. Hard to believe last year at this time is was out ice fishing on the smaller lakes already.THIS SUCKS!!! Crying

Post Your Comment
11/16/15 @ 12:50 AM
ariddle4me2
ariddle4me2
USER since 1/16/11
I checked out the new Eskimo Evos and they will have their place on the ice. There is an extreme amount of fishable space in those things. I just don't like the fact you can't flip and move with them. Also I didn't like the fact of having to anchor the side skirting down on windy days really slowing down the fisherman on the go. If your the guy who likes to wait for the fish to come to you or have the secret spot on the lake this thing is for you. You can easily put 3 8 inch holes in the 1 man version with room for electronics and a heater. The extra height is great for hooksets. No hitting the top when setting the hooks on those walleyes down deep. Plenty of windows for the guys that like to watch the group around them. Side doors are easy to get in an out of once anchored down. It has its place but doesn't really fit my run and gun style.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 30 Posts