New Electric Auger Batteries

1/16/15 @ 2:17 PM
ORIGINAL POST
BigMusky12
BigMusky12
MEMBER since 12/22/04
I have been running a lithium ion drill for many years without problem, but in the back of my mind I always worry about what will happen WHEN the batteries fail if I can't get replacements. With a hammer drill I am less worried because of the volume of sales that I believe manufacturer will keep batteries available for some time. How worried are you guys with the ION, new Strike Master Lithium that the battery replacements will not be available in 5+ years?
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 Posts
1/16/15 @ 10:41 PM
n.pike
n.pike
USER since 4/2/02
I'm actually thinking that they'll come out with an even more powerful battery in the years to come-but it will still work on any ION. If not, there are quite a few batteries on the market right now, it would be easy to pick up one (or two) if one knew they were becoming obsolete. It will be interesting. Battery technology is changing fast.

Post Your Comment
1/16/15 @ 5:41 PM
Namvet
Namvet
USER since 1/9/09
I have 4 batteries for my Strikemaster 12000 Lazer. I'm also fast approaching 70 years old. If I can't get replacements in 5 years or so, that will give me more time to spend in the bar.

Post Your Comment
1/16/15 @ 5:32 PM
Pete Pete Pete
Pete Pete Pete
USER since 12/21/05
Lithium ion battery packs are made up of multiple 3.2 volt cells.

I'm sure there are people/businesses who could rebuild any of these. It's just a matter of figuring out how to take the battery packs apart if you do it yourself and are somewhat handy.

Edited on 1/16/15 5:33 PM
Post Your Comment