Need some help

1/12/15 @ 8:11 PM
ORIGINAL POST
smiley.j87
smiley.j87
USER since 12/12/14
Have a little problem. We went ice fishing today and went across a small channel to the back part of a lake. All good on the way out. Fished til dark then packed up. Went to leave and we were going towards the boat landing and just as we got back to the main part of the lake the back drivers side tire broke through. Any ideas on how to get it out? Or is best bet a call to a recovery business? Sad
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 Posts
1/13/15 @ 5:26 AM
Fish Hound
Fish Hound
USER since 1/29/02
I would agree, jack the vehicle and slide a board or piece of plywood over the hole.

Could set an ice anchor and use a come-along or winch to pull it out too.

Please consider NOT driving your vehicle on less then a foot of ice next time.

Post Your Comment
1/12/15 @ 11:34 PM
30''walters
30''walters
USER since 1/22/12
try and jack it up and place something strong enough to hold the truck up and big enough to disperse the weight under the tire? just a thought, that's if you have access to any of these tools. good luck!

Post Your Comment
1/12/15 @ 8:58 PM
smiley.j87
smiley.j87
USER since 12/12/14
Yes just one wheel resting on axle. We are across the lake. There is safe ice (12") less than 10yds away towards shore.

Post Your Comment
1/12/15 @ 8:57 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
USER since 9/27/01
Under the circumstances, if I were in this situation, I'd probably call the local sheriffs dept and get their help. They'll know the locals that know how to get the truck off of the ice. Just my $0.02.

Again, my best wishes!

Post Your Comment
1/12/15 @ 8:47 PM
Fish Hound
Fish Hound
USER since 1/29/02
Is it just the tire that droped in? Axle resting on the ice now?

How far from the landing are you?

Post Your Comment
1/12/15 @ 8:38 PM
smiley.j87
smiley.j87
USER since 12/12/14
Any idea of who to call that services north of green bay?

Post Your Comment
1/12/15 @ 8:36 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
USER since 9/27/01
Yikes! I checked weather.com and most of the state is supposed to be below zero tonight. I'd call someone with experience retrieving vehicles from the ice before yours freezes in. It would be a boatload cheaper than putting two trucks through, or even one for that matter trying to get yours out.

Good luck and stay safe!

Edited on 1/12/15 8:37 PM
Post Your Comment