MORE
Ice Fishing

Name something you enjoy about ice fishing

1/18/19 @ 9:47 AM
INITIAL POST
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

Seems to be more complaining than anything these days, how about some things that you enjoy about ice fishing?

I'll start - suspended marks on the flasher and seeing families get the kiddos on the hardwater.

The more pictures the better!

Displaying 1 to 15 of 27 posts
1/22/19 @ 8:20 AM
USAbrams1991
USAbrams1991
User since 2/13/17

Its fishing.

1/20/19 @ 2:08 PM
AWichman
AWichman
User since 1/6/16

Getting together with my old man and my brother. My dad has had a lot of health issues the last few years, but the doc gave him the all good for now. So when my schedule opened up I told him pick a lake and let’s go.  The three of us did an impromptu trip to Winnibigoshish this past week. It’s his favorite lake, so that’s where we went.

I normally don’t keep fish but he wanted a big family fish fry so we kept 40 for the week. Caught fish all week so he had fun, and honestly it wouldn’t have mattered to him if we caught a lot or not. So this trip it didn’t matter to my brother and I either.  Hopefully this becomes an annual thing again.

Cherish time with family, because you can’t get that time back. 

1/20/19 @ 11:57 AM
Icefshr05
Icefshr05
User since 12/27/04
  • Agreed! Nothing like looking down the hole and seeing the "Aquarium."
1/20/19 @ 10:21 AM
drummer boy
drummer boy
User since 3/14/08

I really like site fishing through the ice,just nothing like it when nice fish comes to your bait.

1/19/19 @ 10:41 PM
Mr.Seaguar
PRO MEMBER User since 2/5/05
The fact you can stop and have a sitdown breakfast and still beat sunrise. The fact that the colder it is, the less work you have to do because you can drive right on out. Stopping at the baitshop in the morning and shooting the breeze. 
1/19/19 @ 10:10 PM
Bull Gill
User since 2/7/02

I enjoy the lack of noise or I used too..........been a while where I had safe enough ice I felt secure fishing a lake all alone............

1/19/19 @ 6:47 PM
Islandpoint69
Islandpoint69
User since 12/17/16

Venison steak on the grill for ice lunch.a drag pulling and flags flying.little red tip up light flashing in the middle of darkness.

1/19/19 @ 4:32 PM
jaybeeturtle
User since 3/17/06

after seeing those pics, Griz and Dude, I want to take some kids out soon. 

1/19/19 @ 10:35 AM
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09

Catchting big gills, smiles on kids faces, and scenery.

1/19/19 @ 9:34 AM
JamesD
JamesD
PRO MEMBER User since 2/16/04

Cool post, Dude. The group shot is a keeper.....the smiling faces say more than words can.

1/19/19 @ 7:48 AM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03

Watching my boy play outside all day with no screen in front of his face and never once saying  he is bored or asking  to go home.

Family time doing something I love!

Looking right at a tip up when the flag flies!

1/18/19 @ 10:50 PM
yahay
User since 11/28/07

Especially when wearing bibs

1/18/19 @ 10:47 PM
clueless
User since 10/24/04

A good fart in a portable shanty. It just hangs there!

1/18/19 @ 10:27 PM
budman1987
User since 1/19/03
Suspended crappies, the slow spin of a walleye flag,driving my atv,comradorie of a big outing,ice cold beer,the sound of a power auger ripping through the ice,watching a friend eat it carrying the minnow bucket,not spilling beer while falling did I mention the beer always stays cold.. an ex gf used to spend nights with me on the ice and we were typically the only ones out there that was quite enjoyable... and lastly cold buschhh lights
1/18/19 @ 9:11 PM
CMunyon
User since 5/12/16

Early morning,first one on the ice quiet. A large red mark on the vex and it's chasing my jig.It's alway's good when a few of us can get together for a weekend on the ice.

Displaying 1 to 15 of 27 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE