Mr. Heater Cooker recipes

1/8/16 @ 3:08 AM
ORIGINAL POST
skeeterbite
skeeterbite
USER since 4/12/14
Does anyone have any successful recipes done on the mr heater cooker ? I've done jiffy-pop popcorn, works great and fast. But im looking for other recipes. Suprised there's no cookbook, they call it a cooker. Without all the pans. Like recipes wrapped in foil or them little tins. So a guy doesnt have to bring alot, already have alot with all the fishing gear. Had mine for a long time and have the lil buddy and the big buddy. Be a good idea to have a recipe book with field tested recipes ! Done the hauling the weber q out and it works. Like to see what others have done. Thanks.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 Posts
1/9/16 @ 10:24 PM
greg2507
greg2507
USER since 1/13/13
Small Johnsonville breakfast sausage patties. The little Hawaiian sweet rolls and a piece of cheddar cheese. There like little sliders. Easy to make and everybody loves them. Everybody on the lake will smell you cooking so bring extras.

Post Your Comment
1/9/16 @ 7:39 PM
The Fishinnut
The Fishinnut
USER since 8/11/10
While this deer season was not THAT cold I did take a Mr.Cooker in the stand with me and also 2 cans of soup with pull top, day 1 nice to warm to warm the belly,day 2 I left backpack in stand overnight and dropped down to like 12* by the time I was getting chilled I went to open 2nd can to find it was frozen Sad Sausage with Penne pasta and peppers is awesome! Have also done the Johnsonville pre cooked, can't go wrong there

Post Your Comment
1/9/16 @ 6:00 PM
skeeterbite
skeeterbite
USER since 4/12/14
I was thinking roasted hot dogs will work. K'bobs too, unless drippings may cause issues like flare ups. Pre-made food at home then heating them up in foil like spamn onions mentioned earlier. Of course marshmellows for smores. Imagine what the surrounding anglers are thinking when they smell smores. I know i have gotten comments when i make jiffy-pop. Like to hear some more ideas, thanks.

Post Your Comment
1/8/16 @ 4:13 PM
cds
cds
USER since 9/18/01
Migr8r - no salt?

I've cooked shiner filets on a coleman lantern top but they need salt.

also,fatheads until they're kind'a crispy. Whole.

But I don't drink any more so those recipes are out.

I sometimes do bacon on my Mr Heater cooker. I bring small camping cookware.

Post Your Comment
1/8/16 @ 1:26 PM
crits
crits
USER since 1/19/12
I just buy pre cooked Brats and heat cook over the little buddy. You cannot beat Johnsonville's Better With Cheddar or Jalapeno and Cheese. Sorry Bob Uecker but Johnsonville beats Usinger's here.

Post Your Comment
1/8/16 @ 12:17 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
USER since 9/27/01
Stop at your local Chinese Buffet and clean out their vat of teriyaki chicken on a stick. They reheat well over the heater.

Post Your Comment
1/8/16 @ 12:16 PM
Tim Zwieg
Zwiegs
USER since 1/10/12
My favorite is fried Spam & Onions. Slice, & fry at home. Wrap in tin foil. Put tin foil over cooker, eat on bread or burger buns, tasty tasty tasty!!

Post Your Comment
1/8/16 @ 9:12 AM
migr8r
migr8r
USER since 2/8/11
Fillet both sides off a large golden shiner. Lay fillet on the knife blade and hold over Mr Heater for 1-2 minutes.

I came across this recipe on a particularly boring day of ice fishing. Enjoy!

Post Your Comment
1/8/16 @ 8:04 AM
boattech
boattech
MEMBER since 12/22/04
We can cook anything on our big and little buddy. Made this to cook on. Works great for heating anything up. Can even put a pan on it for eggs.

Post Your Comment