SEARCH
MORE
Ice Fishing

Milwaukee ice show

11/14/18 @ 9:46 AM
INITIAL POST
maddogg11
User since 12/9/12

I keep seeing that the MKE Show is canceled.I can't find anything to confirm that  though.

Displaying 1 to 13 of 13 posts
12/20/18 @ 12:09 AM
WalleyedPike
WalleyedPike
User since 1/19/16

they actually had a smaller scale iceshow out at cabelas in richfield

12/16/18 @ 11:59 AM
perch chaser
User since 2/6/03

As stated, ice shows are a hard sell. What ever happened to the Madison show? Combination rummage and general sporting are much easier events to sell as they can be run year around usually by local sportsmen's clubs.

As an example, some of the most innovative ice fishing jigs and plastics I've ever seen come from many of the small local vendors scattered throughout the state. Many times cheaper then the national brands.

Here is a good example, OUTSTANDING !!

https://www.facebook.com/events/sportsmans-rummage-sale/1780473478913350/

And there are many more.

12/16/18 @ 7:43 AM
Rob Manthei
User since 5/26/10

Clam was one of the bigger supporters....they saw the writing on the wall....highly doubt any ice shows will re-birth....

12/13/18 @ 6:49 AM
Rob Manthei
User since 5/26/10

Ice fishing is a small portion of the season(maybe a SOLID 45-50 day window, and I am sure someone fishes 100 days a year)....most ice fishermen want to spend the least amount of money for a full pail of fish.....attendance, cost of equipment, lack of spending, etc.....sooner or later venues get too expensive to fill

11/26/18 @ 4:36 PM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01

Madison had an ice show about ten to fifteen years ago.  It only lasted one year.  Their fishing show is a favorite for me, but the ice fishing show was a dud and didn't last! Not sure why, with all of the ice fishing that occurs in Wisconsin, as to why we can't seem to keep an ice show around?

11/26/18 @ 4:31 PM
AWichman
AWichman
User since 1/6/16

Clam is a primary sponsor along with Ice Castle. A big part of why they aren’t here is the cost of renting the space at State Fair, which in turn squeezed the smaller vendors.

I talked to a custom rob builder friend and he said he can get a booth at the All Canada Show and The Musky Show for the price of the Ice Show. The margins are also a lot smaller for the Ice tackle manufacturers. They moved it to NY this year. If it would be back they would probably have to change venues to make it cost effective for the smaller companies. 

11/26/18 @ 3:40 PM
Stevekeno
User since 12/21/08

I have a friend who is close with the Clam Rep who said they would not be there this year, and that was a large piece of the show....

11/16/18 @ 12:58 PM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

You could at least walk around at the Milwaukee one, last time I was there at least. The St. Paul one is worse than a zoo. Venders are great and plentiful, but they need a new venue. It will only be worse this year with the added people from  no Milwaukee Show. 

11/15/18 @ 10:32 PM
Ulbian
User since 9/24/03

Even if you lived a mile from State Fair Park you were better off driving to the Twin Cities for this show. The Wisconsin version was a dud compared to the one in Minnesota. I went to the Milwaukee one the past few years. When i heard it was cancelled for this year I wasn’t upset one bit. 

11/14/18 @ 9:34 PM
AWichman
AWichman
User since 1/6/16
I emailed the organizer of the show and asked about it back in September and was told it was moved to NY. He stated that it may be back next year but left it at that. 
11/14/18 @ 10:31 AM
markrazzy
User since 6/23/09

Well, can you find anything that confirms it's on?

It was moved to New York.

Displaying 1 to 13 of 13 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE