mille lacs sleeper rental

11/24/14 @ 8:41 PM
ORIGINAL POST
jakem
jakem
USER since 2/21/06
Im thinking about renting a sleeper on mille lacs for 4 nights, but ive heard some mixed reports about the lake, no fish? or very few, im not going to keep fish just want to be able to catch some, walleye, pike, perch. Is mille lacs worth my time/money? thanks for your help.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 Posts
12/2/14 @ 10:37 PM
NukeDaWhales
NukeDaWhales
USER since 12/1/10
Or you could get real ambitious and go to Devils Lake, ND.... Someday lol

Post Your Comment
11/27/14 @ 7:58 AM
Owtdorsmn
Owtdorsmn
USER since 2/12/02
I second LOTW....but I would say this. Some of my biggest walleyes have come at night. The bite is really slow but it is there. And I always catch really nice burbot.......And those backstraps boiled in some 7up taste like lobster. But be warned, you will be tired after 4 days and nights of that. Sleepy Sleepy Big Smile

Post Your Comment
11/26/14 @ 11:27 PM
wet-net
wet-net
USER since 1/8/03
Some guys from work get a sleeper every winter on Mille Lacs. In the last 4 years they caught 6 fish. I would look at LOW . LOW has no night bite I would stay at a resort with showers and a bar.

Post Your Comment
11/25/14 @ 4:08 PM
jakem
jakem
USER since 2/21/06
i live outside hudson wi. last year we made the trip to LOW it was fantastic fishing, i might just head back up there, or maybe Upper Red.

Post Your Comment
11/25/14 @ 3:03 PM
Animated1
Animated1
USER since 1/20/09
Where you coming from? I stayed in a sleeper a few years ago and we caught enough perch to keep us entertained. We only used the sleeper only to sleep in and set up the rattle reels for the hell of it. Other than that we were driving around according to the maps we were give and fished the bars where we had some luck. Like the other posts say, it was more fun because of the group I was with.

Post Your Comment
11/25/14 @ 11:19 AM
ditto
ditto
USER since 12/6/10
I went with 3 buddies two years ago, we had a great time but it was because of the group not the fish. In three days we caught 2 pike and one walleye. We didn't even mark a fish on our flashers for the first 30 hours!

Post Your Comment
11/25/14 @ 10:24 AM
bigstorm
bigstorm
USER since 1/10/05
I did a sleeper rental for 2 days on Mille Lacs 3yrs ago, we only saw 1 walleye and a few small perch on the camera.

Although it was a god time with friends, I would not go to that lake again. I havent heard anyhting good about it for walleye in the past few years. I would go a few hours further myself.

Post Your Comment