Menards

2/13/16 @ 5:12 PM
ORIGINAL POST
FISH CRIBS
FISH CRIBS
USER since 10/5/15
Sorry - Not a report. Anybody have any input on the Menards "Nordic Legand" auger and 2 man ice shelter. Looks like a good deal- but you know what they say...
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 Posts
2/16/16 @ 9:08 AM
Tim Zwieg
Zwiegs
USER since 1/10/12
Thanks luremaker, nice to know

Post Your Comment
2/15/16 @ 8:26 PM
luremaker
luremaker
USER since 1/23/12
Tim I would have no problem making a couple hundred holes a day with this auger n would probably do it on a single tank of gas. This is a nice auger for the price. Gander has a shack about the same size for $130. So for an auger like this for $170 is a steal

Post Your Comment
2/15/16 @ 12:11 PM
Tim Zwieg
Zwiegs
USER since 1/10/12
I do not know this for sure, but am willing to speculate. Menards is WI company, Eskimo is also a WI company. Lots of companies (Eskimo included) will manufacture a product for a company like Menards allowing them to sell it with their own name on the product. Looking closely at this Nordic Bran Auger, the specs seem to pretty much mirror Eskimo Stingray auger. It's an entry level auger that will cut holes for you. It is not going to cut 100 holes a day, but its going to cut holes for you.

Post Your Comment
2/14/16 @ 8:32 PM
luremaker
luremaker
USER since 1/23/12
I picked one up a Noth ago just for the shack. Tool a few times to figure out the auger but can start it in the first 2 pulls now. Works good n is easy on fuel. Good deal for the price.

Post Your Comment
2/14/16 @ 10:52 AM
Igor
Igor
USER since 6/20/01
I bought a Strike Zone shanty there in '09, have beaten the crap out of it and it is still in fine shape if that helps.

Post Your Comment
2/14/16 @ 10:28 AM
eyesman
eyesman
USER since 1/7/02
Visit the Nordic Legend web site and click on the home page. It promotes the product as "only available at Menards". Menards has many products made exclusively for them. They set the "design specs", really only the price they will pay, for a product and let the manufactures create said product any way necessary to get it at that price. The manufacturer of both the auger and hub style tent are likely a well known manufacturer of those type of products. Their brand name will never appear on these products nor are they likely to provide any of the warranty service. Judge for yourself if the bargain price is worth the risk of the quality you will see in these price point products. Also ask yourself how long will the brand "Nordic Legend" be around to serve the warranty they come with.

Post Your Comment
2/14/16 @ 8:07 AM
luvh20
luvh20
USER since 1/19/14
Menards?......The Walmart of home improvement stores?

I don't think so.....

Post Your Comment
2/13/16 @ 8:49 PM
cnrwi
cnrwi
USER since 4/1/12
I bought the Eskimo hand auger on sale for $39.99. Couldn't ask for more for the price. There are all kinds of sales on shantys right now, I would be leary of something I never heard of.

I don't shop at Menard's. They have been charged numerous times for environmental violations. John Menard himself hauling garbage bags of toxic waste to his house and put them in with household trash. Floor drain in one of their shops they were dumping chemicals down which eventually fed into the Chippewa River. Manufacturing and selling arsenic laden mulch promoted as "ideal for playgrounds and animal bedding.". The list goes on.

Poisoning our land, rivers and children, while taking millions in taxpayer dollars to do so. No thanks

Post Your Comment
2/13/16 @ 8:29 PM
walleye27
walleye27
USER since 1/25/07
crap

Post Your Comment