marking tip up location

3/8/15 @ 1:31 PM
ORIGINAL POST
porchp
porchp
USER since 11/22/09
Just wondering what you guys use to mark your tip ups so they don’t get run over by trucks, ATV’s or snow mobile’s
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 21 Posts
3/12/15 @ 9:19 PM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12
I like the pipes with solar lights on top the best so far. I'm going to use the solar lights on my little cones next year.

Post Your Comment
3/12/15 @ 9:04 PM
MRGLAX
MRGLAX
USER since 10/20/05
I set a bucket on the end where the flag is. I do this so I can hear them go off so I don't have to watch them constantly, but no ones gonna run them over either.

Post Your Comment
3/12/15 @ 6:33 PM
Meiz
Meiz
USER since 10/9/09
I use 2 foot lengths of 1x2 with plastic orange construction tape wrapped around and stapled to the top. I leave about 8 inches of the tape dangling off on both ends so it flaps in the wind. No one's ever come close to my tip ups.

Post Your Comment
3/12/15 @ 7:20 AM
redhook
redhook
USER since 12/25/09
If there are sleds and ATV riding around or too many people I mark them with 1" square wood with reflective tape at the top, measurements on the marker for Bass, Walleye and Pike. It's amazing how many guys buzz your tip-ups even when marked.

Post Your Comment
3/11/15 @ 11:58 PM
wshiwrfishn
wshiwrfishn
USER since 4/20/13
PICK UP A PIECE OF 1" PVC PIPE AND CUT IT DOWN TO 12 TO 18 INCH CHUNKS AND SPRAY PAINT THEM. BLUE OR GREEN ARE WHAT I USE SHOWS UP NICELY AGAINST THE SNOW. FOR NIGHT FISHING PICK UP SOME SOLAR LANDSCAPE LIGHTS AND PLACE THEM BY EACH TIP UP. WHEN THE SUN GOES DOWN LIGHT COMES ON NOW YOU AND EVERYONE COMING OFF THE LAKE KNOW WHERE YOUR TIP UPS ARE

Post Your Comment
3/11/15 @ 11:25 AM
sandbarcornhole
sandbarcornhole
USER since 12/2/14
I took some lats, bought some cheap reflector strips at fleet farm, cut them and stapled them to both sides. Works great and only cost was reflector tape strips.

Post Your Comment
3/10/15 @ 11:42 AM
DJH
DJH
USER since 4/15/02
I started using the orange cones like Bigblue has pictured. I tried putting reflective tape on the top, but it eventually came off during cold, plus when stacking them.

Any ideas on what would stick better on that flexible plastic?

I really like them. They stack nice and they fit in my tipup bag. Just need them to stand out better and have some reflective on them to find them in the dark.

Post Your Comment
3/10/15 @ 9:45 AM
crossbow davio
crossbow davio
USER since 2/22/05
anyone know where to get spike strips Wondering Evil Grin Lips Sealed Smile

Post Your Comment
3/10/15 @ 8:05 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
USER since 9/27/01
I use PVC pipes as well with orange duct tape and reflective tape. They are very visible day and night from any direction. So visible that I had a guy on a snowmobile race over and run over my tip up. When asked WTF, he said that he saw the orange against the snow and wanted to see what it was. Worried

Post Your Comment
3/9/15 @ 10:26 PM
kacman64
kacman64
USER since 11/25/03
paint stir sticks painted in bright orange. Head to fleet and just ask they usually just give them away.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 21 Posts