Marcum VX 1 makes a beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :(

12/18/14 @ 7:21 AM
ORIGINAL POST
skyhi88
skyhi88
USER since 10/29/09
Hopefully I put this in the right spot, but I was wondering if anyone has ever had issues with there Marcum vx1? Had mine for a few years now, and when I went out last time on the ice, the display sort of moved around the screen (which has happened before on long days if it dies) and then it died, or I assumed because it only made a beeeeeeeeeeeeee..... when it was on. I am praying its the battery. Hopefully tonite I can get to a batteries plus and see if I can get a new one. My thinking, if its beeping then its obviously getting juice? Anyone? Hoping its not the end of my ice season already, definitely cant replace the locator this winter.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 11 Posts
12/19/14 @ 8:18 PM
NiteMite
NiteMite
USER since 9/16/01
Ditto what 'Central' said, especially if you know the structure already. Folks been doing it for years. GL

Post Your Comment
12/19/14 @ 6:32 PM
centralwiwalleyeslayer2
centralwiwalleyeslayer2
USER since 2/15/10
fish the old school way with out one its not that hard.

Post Your Comment
12/19/14 @ 9:26 AM
skyhi88
skyhi88
USER since 10/29/09
They said it sounds like the motor. 80$ flat fee plus 9 to ship. I sent it out from work here next day... only bad thing is he mentioned only open for 4 days in next 2 weeks, so hopefully they aren't too busy and can get to it befor xmas...what will ido without a locator!? Crying Crying

Post Your Comment
12/19/14 @ 8:51 AM
marbleeyes7
marbleeyes7
USER since 4/1/12
call up the 800 number on there site, they have a set fee for repairs that is around 80-90 bucks. usually a 5-7 day turn around time. you also pay the shipping there and they pay it back to you. very nice group of guy's there. brushes are problally shot.

Post Your Comment
12/19/14 @ 6:56 AM
skyhi88
skyhi88
USER since 10/29/09
well its not the battery, went to batteries plus last night to check if it was... my werker had a full charge. So I will be calling today. pretty disappointed, it worked fine last weekend. I assumed it was the battery but should of checked into this sooner. Looks like ill be watching tip ups while my buddies jig. Im hoping there customer service is good, would love to get it back sooner than later. Ive had my VX1 for atleast 5 years and this is the first issue ever, works like a champ and is priced way nicer than other ones out there. Atleast it happened now and not middle of ice season.

Post Your Comment
12/19/14 @ 1:40 AM
jchunter76
jchunter76
USER since 12/12/10
If it ends up not being your battery call Marcum. I heard they have great customer service.

Post Your Comment
12/18/14 @ 3:14 PM
Namvet
Namvet
USER since 1/9/09
I'm starting my 3rd year with my VX 1. I had a similar issue late last year. After recharging the battery the problem went away. Tried to squeeze an extra day on the ice w/o charging properly. I know the VX 1 isn't a top of the line flasher, but it gives me everything I need without forking out $300 $400 for a fancier model. I'll keep her until she quits on me.

Post Your Comment
12/18/14 @ 8:41 AM
skyhi88
skyhi88
USER since 10/29/09
making me feel much better. Its a werker cold weather battery I bought years ago, for some reason when charging the one I got with the locator, the charger shorted and started on fire... was quite scary. Got a new battery and charger so I am hoping its just time for a new one. Thanks guys... ill check gander mountain. I really dislike the location by me, they have everything except what you really need!

Thanks again

Post Your Comment
12/18/14 @ 8:34 AM
crappieguy
crappieguy
USER since 2/11/02
It's a bad battery.

Post Your Comment
12/18/14 @ 8:02 AM
lunker75
lunker75
USER since 12/13/13
Don't have a clue about the vx1 but gander mountain has the best prices on flasher batt eries they had 7 and 9 amp hour batts 18 bucks call first

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 11 Posts