Marcum Showdown Troller 2.0 Issue

2/27/16 @ 9:14 AM
ORIGINAL POST
CatcherInTheEye17
CatcherInTheEye17
USER since 1/24/15
I bought a used Marcum Showdown Troller 2.0 and owned it for 3 weeks before suddenly the down button stopped working. When I was fishing I needed to turn my sensitivity down but the down button wasn't working, so I thought that if I went all the way up to 25 it would cycle back down to 1. Unfortunately it does not, so now my Marcum is stuck on 25 sensitivity. I know I can send the unit back to Marcum Technologies and get everything fixed for $60. But does anybody know a way I can either fix this on my own or at least reset the sensitivity back to the default sensitivity so it is usable again?
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 Posts
2/28/16 @ 12:47 PM
CatcherInTheEye17
CatcherInTheEye17
USER since 1/24/15
I tried the start up procedure but all it told me was to put batteries in and plug in the transducer and it didn't work. But thanks for the suggestion.

Post Your Comment
2/27/16 @ 8:24 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
USER since 2/8/06
The nonfunctional buttons are a common problem with those units. If you got a manual with it follow the start up procedure and see if it resets to auto mode. If this doesn't work then you probably have a dead unit and will have to bite the bullet and send it in. I know it's about $60, but they dial it in or replace it. You mentioned that you bought it used and that is always a gamble when buying electronics. Good luck I hope I was of some assistance.

Post Your Comment
2/27/16 @ 1:30 PM
CatcherInTheEye17
CatcherInTheEye17
USER since 1/24/15
I tried that already.

Post Your Comment
2/27/16 @ 12:15 PM
eyesman
eyesman
USER since 1/7/02
Try unhooking the battery. It may reset itself then.

Post Your Comment