Marcum Lx5 VS An LX6

1/2/15 @ 11:32 AM
ORIGINAL POST
wink1
wink1
USER since 2/5/11
Hi, I currently have a Marcum VX1P and am looking to upgrade. I'm trying to decide between the LX 5 and the LX 6. Can anyone speak to their experience with these models? I would value your input.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 Posts
1/14/15 @ 7:52 PM
FALLSWALLEYEGUY
FALLSWALLEYEGUY
USER since 1/1/10
I had a 5 and switched to a 6 shortly after when I thought my 5 had issues (turned out to be loose battery connection) but anyways I ended up switching out and at times I wish I had a simple old flasher just a few dials flip it on and its going, but in reality the 6 really is simple once you figure out how you like it best and the digital aspect is great, good colors and no annoying motor noise. If you can front the extra money, the 6 is worth it for sure.

Post Your Comment
1/11/15 @ 8:21 AM
boattech
boattech
MEMBER since 12/22/04
I have the 6 and love it. Big upgrade from a fl8. Bought it from my buddy because he liked his fl8 better. Screen size is perfect for having the zoom and flasher split. Nice to be able to choose between the cone angles for deep and shallow water.

Post Your Comment
1/10/15 @ 11:53 PM
abacab
abacab
USER since 12/23/03
The lx-6 is set on the same frame as the lx-7. Only difference is screen size and target seperation. I do love my 7 though. I ran a 5 for a few years and kept it when I bought the 7. I just don't want to give it up. Plus if someone needs one that goes fishing with me can use it.

Edited on 1/10/15 11:55 PM
Post Your Comment
1/10/15 @ 9:11 AM
Fish Hound
Fish Hound
USER since 1/29/02
I run the LX-7 as well and wouldn't go back to a mechanical flasher. I usually don't use in flasher mode though, I prefer the actual graph and zoom graph on the split screen. Its nice to have the choice of custom designing your screen for what you find most useful. Almost everybody that uses it say there is a new LX-6 or 7 in their future.

I bought the 7 before the 6 was out, if I had my choice now I would get the 6, screen is still plenty large and it still fits in a bucket for early ice walk outs. The 7 is to big for a bucket.

Post Your Comment
1/10/15 @ 8:35 AM
wink1
wink1
USER since 2/5/11
Anyone else???

Post Your Comment
1/2/15 @ 3:23 PM
icefitchin
icefitchin
USER since 12/13/03
I second everything marble eyes said. I also run the lx7.

If you get the lx6 you get everything the 5 offers, and more. Great units. My dad ended up getting the lx6 after fishing with my lx7. The lx6 and lx7 have the same features, but the 6 is just a hair smaller.

Post Your Comment
1/2/15 @ 2:23 PM
marbleeyes7
marbleeyes7
USER since 4/1/12
the lx5 and 6 are both really good units i run a lx7. the biggest differance between the two are one is a mechanical flasher with a motor and brush(lx5) and the lx6 is all digital. the lx6 is fully upgradedable through a usb port that you connect to a computer and download a update file through marcum. lx6 has some more features on it than the 5 but the 5 is still a very good high powered unit with excellent target seperation. i like the 6/7 for the ability to have the flasher dial and the zoom side by side and watch both. you also have a heads up display for cone angle, battery volts, sensitivity, etc. on the other side. the lcd units are very easy to set up and use and have a lot of features you will not be able to get on a mechanical flasher. if it was me i would go lx6/lx7.

Post Your Comment