March Ice Fishing, My favorite time of year!

3/4/16 @ 6:15 PM
ORIGINAL POST
n.pike
n.pike
USER since 4/2/02
Anyone else pumped to fish in March? Sitting on 16 inches of ice in 45 degree weather is always a nice thing. However, not sure how long the ice will last down south and even up here, we'll have to make it past the next twelve days before it cools down again. Might not last too long this year. Might go very quick. But, plenty out there now and it's a great time of year to fish. Anyone else pumped to be in the March ice fishing period?
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 Posts
4/11/16 @ 9:54 PM
n.pike
n.pike
USER since 4/2/02
Ok, last time. Was out yesterday, April 10th. Ice was in good shape on this lake considering the warm March we had. Won't be fishable too much longer though once that warm weather kicks in. Good way to end the season as the fish were active yesterday.

Post Your Comment
4/4/16 @ 4:02 PM
n.pike
n.pike
USER since 4/2/02
Got out one more time yesterday. Lots of fun to be out. Probably could get out again this week, but work is in the way. Oh well. It was another nice season.

Post Your Comment
3/21/16 @ 8:15 PM
n.pike
n.pike
USER since 4/2/02
Ice still hanging on up here. Kind of that point where it melts, refreezes, thaws, gains a little bit etc....during the day/night switch.

Post Your Comment
3/8/16 @ 10:20 AM
jaybeeturtle
jaybeeturtle
USER since 3/17/06
I love ice fishing in March, but its got too dangerous down here in SE WI to go out anymore. Was the shortest ice season I can remember. Slightly over 2 months in Waukesha County. Feels like I barely ice fished. On the positive side, I only used my pop up shanty 3 times because it was always so warm. First ice bite lasted a few days into Feburary. So that was great. My next trip will be on the river for walleye

Post Your Comment
3/6/16 @ 11:18 PM
n.pike
n.pike
USER since 4/2/02
Almost 50 degrees outside. Catching and releasing some pike. Truck on the ice. 16 or 17 inches. Warm spring breeze. Sunny. Loving it! Too bad game fish is closed, but Upper Michigan is open a bit longer. The ice will go pretty fast with the warm March predicted, but still plenty out there.

Post Your Comment
3/4/16 @ 9:34 PM
jwog666
jwog666
USER since 7/30/10
I'm going out on Sunday to rip some lips. I have done well the last 2 weekends, it's a shame I most likely won't get another this year. Oh well

Post Your Comment
3/4/16 @ 6:56 PM
plastic5
plastic5
MEMBER since 1/16/13
It's more like 8" to 12" but that's alright as long as it lasts for a while

Post Your Comment