Lowrance elite 5 ice machine

1/5/14 @ 6:47 PM
ORIGINAL POST
icefishing247
icefishing247
USER since 12/16/09
Looking for some feedback on the Lowrance elite 5 ice machine. I use the FL 18 flasher and love it but looking to upgrade.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 27 Posts
1/30/15 @ 10:24 AM
percheye1
percheye1
USER since 6/24/01
Did the firmware upgrade. Will try it out tomorrow.

Post Your Comment
1/29/15 @ 6:56 PM
Owtdorsmn
Owtdorsmn
USER since 2/12/02
Purchased my Elite 5 ice machine 3 years ago. Last year the transducer took a crap on me and I decided to move the head to the boat. Lowrance was not alot of help. Still like the unit.......... but the ice ducer was/is not built to last past the first season or two.

Edited on 1/29/15 6:57 PM
Post Your Comment
1/29/15 @ 5:58 PM
FLAN
FLAN
USER since 2/21/06
While fishing last weekend I was hole hoping a lot. And every time I would move it would take a few minutes for the depth to calculate. Anyone else have this problem?

Post Your Comment
1/21/15 @ 7:26 AM
percheye1
percheye1
USER since 6/24/01
I hope I didn't get the one you returned to Cabelas!

Post Your Comment
1/20/15 @ 5:30 PM
dash4cash
dash4cash
USER since 2/15/11
sorry Pete Sad I hope your unit preforms great please keep us up dated with how yours is working, hopefully mine was just a lemon.

Carl

Post Your Comment
1/20/15 @ 4:19 PM
Pete Pete Pete
Pete Pete Pete
USER since 12/21/05
Oh great. Sweating

I guess I'll give it a shot regardless.

Post Your Comment
1/20/15 @ 8:12 AM
dash4cash
dash4cash
USER since 2/15/11
Unlike my previous post my elite 5 chirp has been returned to Cabelas, I really liked the unit and when it dint freeze up it was awesome. I returned it because it started freezing up more and more. Sorry percheye 1 I hope I dint steer you in the wrong direction. Cabelas isint even carring them at this time, makes me think lowrance has a few isssues with the unit. I purchased the LX7 which also has the graph but no gps, but I use my garmin with navionics chip so we will see how this unit preforms. Lips Sealed

Post Your Comment
1/19/15 @ 7:28 PM
Pete Pete Pete
Pete Pete Pete
USER since 12/21/05
Finally arrived today.

Now to figure it out.

Post Your Comment
1/10/15 @ 8:15 AM
Sashimi Slammer
Sashimi Slammer
MEMBER since 3/17/05
I am on my third Lowrance for ice fishing. Had the M67 and the M68 and now the elite 5. Have loved everyone. Brother got the Chirp this year and has had issues with it. First it wouldn't turn on so company sent him a new one. Then the sonar went out while fishing and they sent him a new transducer. Not sure what the deal is with his but I never have had any issues with the three of mine. I love it for bottom fishing when I have it in bottom zoom mode, and when the eyes come through above it will shift its depth range up to those fish letting you know they are coming through. Mapping leaves a little to be desired as it doesn't quite have the detail that an HD unit would. This is a great unit to both use in an ice fishing environment and to put on the boat in the summer.

Post Your Comment
1/10/15 @ 7:52 AM
Bite_size_to a_bluegill
Bite_size_to a_bluegill
USER since 12/26/04
Thx percheye1. Definitely seems worth looking into. Ive been using my vex for years. Im happy with it, but maybe ill like this better.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 27 Posts