Looking for a Taxidermist around Lake Wi ?

12/27/14 @ 10:47 AM
ORIGINAL POST
The Fishinnut
The Fishinnut
USER since 8/11/10
Well look no farther, Dick's Taxidermy in Harmony Grove ! Pay's special attention to his awesome detail. It my Son's profile pic. 16.5" out of lake Wingra now 15.5"
Edited on 12/27/14 10:49 AM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 13 Posts
1/1/15 @ 7:01 AM
predator13
predator13
USER since 12/7/09
Congratulations to your son. Back forty taxidermy can help you out. They do nice work and get it back to you much faster than most. They have work for you to see as well to help you make your decision. There is a bass that was done by back forty taxidermy hanging in the big worms hotspot bait shop at the grade. Hope this helps.

Post Your Comment
12/30/14 @ 11:49 AM
The Fishinnut
The Fishinnut
USER since 8/11/10
Here is my son's buck that he shot 5 mins into the hunt on the Friday after thanksgiving

Post Your Comment
12/30/14 @ 11:31 AM
The Fishinnut
The Fishinnut
USER since 8/11/10
Rusty, It's funny how you mentioned Murphy's Looks like he does some fine work and have taken Daughter's bow buck and Son's gun buck to him Wink

And Ditto never seen any of his work, he works out of his garage and wife picked up. (lesson learned!!!!!!!!)

Just wanted my fellow LL'ers to know what fine work Dick does.

Post Your Comment
12/30/14 @ 8:57 AM
Rusty Duck
Rusty Duck
USER since 12/5/13
I grew up in baraboo and have heard nothing but horror stories about Scott hill. He ruined a walleye of my dads to the point it doesn't even hang on the wall. My buddy's father passed away while hill was doing the mount. We called to pick it up and he said someone else came and picked it up. We never got the mount and were told basically tough luck. Just my two cents. All my fish go to Murphy's in baraboo and my deer go to Big shooters outta Westfield.

Post Your Comment
12/29/14 @ 8:02 AM
hanzo
hanzo
USER since 1/3/08
I would recommend Scott Hill out of Baraboo. His work is excellent and timely. He has a walleye of mine that should be done shortly and he also "fixed up" a buck mount originally done by Dick's. He was able to fix crooked ears/crappy detail work and reposition the rack done by Dick. Check out Scott's facebook page.

Post Your Comment
12/28/14 @ 7:56 PM
ditto
ditto
USER since 12/6/10
How much did he charge for the mount? Why did you pay him when you went to pick it up?

Post Your Comment
12/28/14 @ 1:26 PM
The Fishinnut
The Fishinnut
USER since 8/11/10
Lunker, That's what I wanted to do is show my fellow LL'ers the quality & craftsmanship that went into mount. I bet I'm the only guy that can say he has a Crappie/Sheephead hybrid Wink

Post Your Comment
12/28/14 @ 9:39 AM
lunker75
lunker75
USER since 12/13/13
Wow that place sucks looks like a mount from the 40's sorry for you guys that fish was beautiful .well there's still hope get a replica from the pic and show the new place that mount and I'm sure they would give u a sympathy discount .thanks for the post now we lake linkers know ware not to go

Post Your Comment
12/28/14 @ 12:00 AM
MEMAGGIENCOMET
MEMAGGIENCOMET
USER since 6/14/09
Wow is all i can say. That is not good

Post Your Comment
12/27/14 @ 11:58 PM
MEMAGGIENCOMET
MEMAGGIENCOMET
USER since 6/14/09
That is not a good mount by any means.