Lazer lithium auger

12/14/11 @ 5:01 PM
ORIGINAL POST
backwoods43
backwoods43
USER since 3/14/10

Yea, they do get a bit soggy and a little harder not to rip when they get frozen in, and if they are dry they can blow in the wind. The ones I made out of plywood have rubber on each side with a slit on alternating sides of the plywood cut and seals really nice and should last many years.

I had extra plywood laying around, as well as plenty of extra rubber to make a bunch.....only a dozen so far which should be fine for now and had plenty of the contact adhesive for it, so really no cost other than my free time.

Post Your Comment
12/14/11 @ 12:22 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Hammer1234
Hammer1234
USER since 2/11/09

Hey guys I was reading through all the past posts and noticed hole covers made out of ply wood.  GREAT idea but I found a little more cost efective version by using the same mesurments but out of cardboard.  They dont last nearly as long if you are fishing in the worst weather but they are nice and portable. Here is a list of the way i make them.

1. Trace and cut out the hole

2. Cut or drill center hole for the tip up shaft

3. Make one slit from the center hole to the outside

They are a lot cheaper than the foam ones from fleet or any other store and they dont take long to make.  Me and my buddy can make up almost 75 in less than 20 miutes.  Hope its use full for somone else seeing how it seals the hole a bit tighter then the ply wood ones.

Post Your Comment
12/14/11 @ 3:54 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Bite_size_to a_bluegill
Bite_size_to a_bluegill
USER since 12/26/04

Here is a automatic fisherman (or whatever you want to call it) that ive been working on. Made from a old arctic fisherman base, pvc pipe, and i also used an old archery release. The rod im useing was just to try it out. I'll be picking up some noodle rods and put this thing to the test. It can also be used with the flag.

Edited on 12/14/11 3:54 AM
Post Your Comment
12/13/11 @ 7:35 AM
ORIGINAL POST
flyandice
flyandice
USER since 1/11/09

This isn't my idea but I came across it on Ebay.  Sure would be easier than having to drill several holes.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Portable-Ice-Fishing-Hole-Military-service-gift-/120824428932?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c21b27984

I'm thinking the Roadrunner was the original inventor.

Post Your Comment
12/12/11 @ 10:39 PM
ORIGINAL POST
newInCudahy
newInCudahy
USER since 2/21/03

D Mac Good idea.

Post Your Comment
12/12/11 @ 8:39 PM
ORIGINAL POST
newoodhntr
newoodhntr
MEMBER since 12/11/01

D-mac That is a great set up.

Post Your Comment
12/12/11 @ 2:12 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Get Hooked
Get Hooked
USER since 9/1/09

D-Mac,

Awesome!

Post Your Comment
12/12/11 @ 12:29 PM
ORIGINAL POST
D-Mac
D-Mac
USER since 12/15/09

Here's a nice easy way to transport and protect tangle-free Beaver Dam tipups.  I made a grid box from 4" X 3" vinyl rain downspouts (Lowes).  I have each individual cell connected to the one next to it with pop rivets and the three rows are merely duct taped together.   It uses much less room than the PVC sections and is much lighter too.  It all fits easily into a $8 Menards duffle bag.  No more tangled tipups and when my fingers are frozen at the end of the day, I can let the hook dangle, fold them up, bend the flag and put them into their own compartment without worrying about untangling them later.  It also doesn't hurt that they're not banging together in a bucket during transport.  You could even add a handle so you could carry it like a bucket.

Incidently, Lowes is the only place I found that had 3x4  Vinyl downspouts.  Menards and Home Depot only carry aluminum in that size.  Aluminum is lighter but I thought the vinyl would be tougher and would be less susceptible to freezing problems

Edited on 12/12/11 12:31 PM
Post Your Comment
12/8/11 @ 11:22 PM
ORIGINAL POST
backwoods43
backwoods43
USER since 3/14/10

If anyone ever staples, tapes, or glue reflective tape onto your flag for your rods or tip ups I found something great that works. If you can go to a construction company or the city or highway or get some safety vests for cheap Just cut them and either sew it or glue it onto your rod, works great

Post Your Comment
12/7/11 @ 10:20 AM
ORIGINAL POST
hilts
hilts
USER since 2/11/05

If I know it's going to be wet and slushy I bring a boat pad with for kneeling on.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 2 of 2 Posts
12/18/14 @ 12:19 PM
daverath7
daverath7
USER since 12/22/07
I went to the Ice Fishing Show in Milwaukee this past weekend and played around with this auger. I cost almost $600, it weighs around 27 pounds. They claim it can drill 60 holes in 24" of ice. It currently only comes in 8". If the battery goes bad it is $250 for the battery. It is a 50 volt lithium battery. I personally think it is a great product, but, still needs a little more testing in the field. I hope this helps in your decision making.

Post Your Comment
12/17/14 @ 4:01 PM
mike2488
mike2488
USER since 12/14/10
I wanted to know if anyone has this auger yet and how it's working for them, Where I fish I usually drill less than a dozen holes. I have a 8" lazer gas auger that I'm happy with, but is kind of overkill for the amount of holes I drill. So I'm just looking for some "real" review of their performance. If I decide to go that route, I will putting my gas auger on the trading post.

Post Your Comment