Lake Access

12/25/15 @ 12:16 PM
ORIGINAL POST
BAK922
BAK922
USER since 11/19/14
I'm looking to take my daughter out more this year once we get some ice. I'm looking for ideas where to go with easy parking and walk out access. I don't mind walking some but with kids it can't be to far. Also would like somewhere with relatively good perch and gill action to keep occupied. Somewhere with in half hour or so from Milwaukee. Thanks
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 Posts
12/25/15 @ 4:26 PM
perch chaser
perch chaser
USER since 2/6/03
Milwaukee and Co. covers a large area. Why don't you narrow it down to the area you live in. Assuming you are looking for a kids action lake with easy access, I'm sure other posters from an area close by, will give you some ideas.

Post Your Comment
12/25/15 @ 2:06 PM
cds
cds
USER since 9/18/01
I started to post a list of community hole panfish spots but as I scratched my head I thought better of it. Those spots are already crowded and yet another list won't help.

The thing to do is go back over last years reports-or the first ones this year after ice-and make a list of potentials. Then go for a drive on a weekend and see how everything is. Access,action,parking...walk out and talk to people but don't just stop and fish at the first good looking place. Put some Miles on the vehicle...and then you'll KNOW instead of simply having been told of a spot.

Bring binocs and a lake access map.

There's clusters of lakes in Waukesha Washington and Racine counties where several spots are within a short drive of each other. Some offer bigger but fewer fish,some are better "action" lakes.

Or hell-just go to lower Genesee.

Post Your Comment
12/25/15 @ 1:48 PM
Fhomerun1
Fhomerun1
MEMBER since 2/2/04
Try Lower Spring Lake in Palmyra - Access along hy 59 and boat landing

Post Your Comment