Jiffy Model 30?

1/21/15 @ 5:39 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Skunky
Skunky
USER since 3/15/14
Ihave an old 1 arm bandit with the D handels, runs well an cuts well except when it is just about through it stops. Clutch issue or carb issue? And if clutch where to get new springs or parts?
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 Posts
2/1/15 @ 12:04 PM
Skunky
Skunky
USER since 3/15/14
The auger stops not the motor.

Post Your Comment
2/1/15 @ 12:02 PM
Skunky
Skunky
USER since 3/15/14
Now that it is mentioned it started to do this after I got blades sharpened. My auger has perm blades not replaceable, is the angle of the blade a bit to much maybe?

Post Your Comment
1/31/15 @ 8:29 AM
Foundry Rat
Foundry Rat
USER since 1/21/10
If it's a clutch issue, sometimes the clutch just has grease on it and it just needs a cleaning. Especially if you over do hitting the grease fittings for the shaft.

Post Your Comment
1/27/15 @ 6:11 PM
buckhound
buckhound
USER since 4/18/06
I had a similar issue with mine until I tore it down this past summer.I'm guessing it could benefit from a small turn (OPENING) of the high idle screw. First google Jiffy 30 and you can access the very specific instructions. I would take a pic or 2 while you are doing any work. No promises but I wouldn't be surprised if it helps some.I'm sure you've drilled holes in the past and notice that almost any auger will slow some at the end.New blades for your 30 are only 35 bucks and will help too. BUCKHOUND

Post Your Comment
1/27/15 @ 2:02 PM
Gone 4 Now
Gone 4 Now
USER since 4/26/08
What do you mean "It Stops" does the engine quit or does the auger get stuck and stop spinning ? If the engine quits it's nothing to do with the clutch, If the drill stops spinning it's probably the blades,not the carb. if clutch springs are broke it will spinn at idle.

Post Your Comment
1/27/15 @ 1:01 PM
FSH ESOX
FSH ESOX
USER since 3/1/10
It might be the blade. I put a new blade on mine last year and it started doing the same thing. It didn't do it before. The new blades are serrated

Post Your Comment