humminbird 688

2/15/15 @ 9:11 AM
ORIGINAL POST
ltrbuck
ltrbuck
USER since 1/25/11
Does anybody have one? I am thinking of getting one. Just wanted to know what people thought of them for ice fishing.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 Posts
2/19/15 @ 9:30 AM
Fargin_icehole
Fargin_icehole
USER since 1/12/11
I have the 'bird 597ci and would never even consider anything else. The 688 is the newer version. Both are quiet, built in gps, and with the navionics chip you have almost every lake map you need built in! I absolutely love it and if you don't love the 688, theres something wrong with you.

Post Your Comment
2/17/15 @ 6:09 PM
Boder
Boder
USER since 2/13/03
I LOVE my old lowrance x67c. The new one i have is the elite5 chirp. A couple things really bother me about this unit. 1. The Scroll speed is too slow and choppy and there is no way to increase it. 2. I have not noticed a single change to the display interference when using the noise rejection feature. 3. Why although the chirp shows detail better then regular sonar it also shows more clutter in the water column than normal sonars.

A couple weeks ago i was fishing in the same shack as a Marcum lx7 and a vexilar fl8. The chirp was pretty much worthless, but the x67c hardly showed any interference.

Maybe i got a bad unit but i dont think so. There are threads on other forums complaining about the scroll speed, and there is a video on youtube showing the clutter i am talking about.

Post Your Comment
2/15/15 @ 8:59 PM
Poison
Poison
USER since 3/2/10
Why are you looking at returning that Lowrance? I've heard a lot of good things about them.

Post Your Comment
2/15/15 @ 8:51 PM
Boder
Boder
USER since 2/13/03
I am also considering getting one of these. I bought a new lowrance chirp last month and i think its going back to the store, might be exchanging it for this humminbird unit.

Post Your Comment