SEARCH
MORE
Ice Fishing

inline reels

12/29/16 @ 8:54 AM
INITIAL POST
deeog
User since 12/14/16

Has any of you used inline reels for walleye jigging, your thoughts!

Displaying 1 to 11 of 11 posts
10/16/18 @ 10:25 AM
Zwiegs
User since 1/10/12

A friend of mine is the 13 Rep.  He gave me the Free Fall prototype.  It's ok, I use it for panfish, wouldn't want to use it for walleyes though

10/15/18 @ 1:56 PM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

Anyone use the original 13 fishing black betty? Pros/cons besides the obvious being a 1:1 ratio? Almost pulled the trigger on it this weekend but I'm thinking I can get it cheaper than $40 somewhere. Been watching some videos of guys with them and they look like a blast, just you and the fish.

1/6/17 @ 12:35 PM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

Tried the No 8 listed below and it was okay, just bought a 13 Fishing Free Fall, BIG difference in smoothness and drag.

1/5/17 @ 8:21 AM
deeog
User since 12/14/16

I did jig for walters with a number 8 since my last post. It worked as good as my spinners with out twisted line. Going to buy another. Very happy ! Thanks for the input guys.

1/4/17 @ 10:22 PM
Robbollio
Robbollio
User since 10/17/04

The Number 8, CGI inline reel. I got 2 lb floro on it. Gear ratio, drag, freespool. I can freespool a small tungsten jig just as fast as any spinning reel and bring it back up just as fast. I use it 90% of time.

1/4/17 @ 9:23 PM
PIPETE
User since 5/21/15

I don't know if all of them are 1 speed like the one I have but it takes for ever to wind line back up. Not sure of the make of mine off hand , just know that I would never buy another.......

1/4/17 @ 9:13 PM
wagnecha
User since 1/4/17

I just got a new frabill "straightline" rig, it is a frabill quick tip VERY nice rod, sensitive but has backbone, not flimsy like an ugly stick, but still very sensitive, tried going back to a regular open-faced rod/setup.....wasn't used to it, didn't like it anymore, now im just hooked on the inline setup. The reel is a nice frabill inline that came on the rod, it has 2 arms for the reel for some adjustability, and a drag set on opposite side of reel, I had to take off the rubber O-ring under the "Frabill" nut, otherwise would tighten up and wouldn't reel or just jump the threads. Otherwise inlines are AWESOME. most anyway

12/29/16 @ 1:14 PM
Animated1
User since 1/20/09

I like them. Your line stays nice an straight. Jig it like you're holding a pencil.

Displaying 1 to 11 of 11 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE