If You Don't Ice Fish...You wouldn't understand

3/30/09 @ 10:16 AM
ORIGINAL POST
n.pike
n.pike
USER since 4/2/02
I'm all for ice safety. I'd say that all of us probably are. But so many aspects of ice fishing seem very dangerous to people who don't ice fish themselves. For example, connecting a ladder to the main ice on a lake, or wearing chest waders and hopping on the main ice shelf is not really a dangerous activity if you know the lake well enough. Especially if the water you are crossing to get to the ice is shallow and the water you are going to be fishing is shallow. Many people though, think it's crazy that I do such a thing. But, I don't think it's very risky when I'm drilling through 15 inches of ice on the main lake. The shores pulled away a little bit, but no big deal. Any other examples you can think of where If you don't ice fish, you wouldn't understand...
Edited on 3/30/09 10:17 AM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 31 to 40 of 536 Posts
10/11/14 @ 11:45 PM
n.pike
n.pike
USER since 4/2/02
Looking ahead on the calender to see when the first weekend falls in March this year. Then, noticing that season will end on March 1st this year and getting bummed out. Then realizing that a few miles north, Michigan stays open till March 15th and feeling better about the possibility of going up there in order to keep things going a bit. If you don't ice fish.....

Post Your Comment
10/11/14 @ 11:45 PM
n.pike
n.pike
USER since 4/2/02
Looking ahead on the calender to see when the first weekend falls in March this year. Then, noticing that season will end on March 1st this year and getting bummed out. Then realizing that a few miles north, Michigan stays open till March 15th and feeling better about the possibility of going up there in order to keep things going a bit. If you don't ice fish.....

Post Your Comment
10/10/14 @ 9:49 AM
tzeilstra
tzeilstra
USER since 8/4/08
My most visited website (besides Lake Link, of course) during the September-November time period period is accuweather.com, where I obsessively check the 45 day forecast for that first cold snap of the season. If you don't ice fish...

Post Your Comment
10/4/14 @ 5:39 PM
DAMBEAVERS
DAMBEAVERS
USER since 1/17/14
Woke up this morning with temps in the low 30s and a light dusting of snow on the deck and grass here in central WI. Looked at the auger and thought to myself, "soon baby, soon"! If you don't, you wouldn't..... Wink

Post Your Comment
9/20/14 @ 9:23 AM
BiigPiike
BiigPiike
USER since 12/20/09
Done filling the freezer with venison, the wait begins. If you don't ice fish...

Post Your Comment
8/5/14 @ 9:00 PM
TKfishes
TKfishes
USER since 8/23/09
Sitting in your portable in your basement thinking of things you might want to add for the upcoming winter and the constant mental note that this hot weather is all just temporary cause without that reminder sumer would be that much worse

Post Your Comment
8/1/14 @ 11:35 PM
n.pike
n.pike
USER since 4/2/02
Just putting your ice fishing stuff away on August 1st. Denial has finally run it's course and I now realize that the 2013-2014 season is over.

If you don't ice fish....

Post Your Comment
7/31/14 @ 7:51 AM
momof2
momof2
USER since 4/19/08
Her turn to watch tip-ups.

If you don't ice fish...you wouldn't understand

Post Your Comment
7/30/14 @ 10:36 PM
n.pike
n.pike
USER since 4/2/02
Fishing lakes in the summer primarily for scouting purposes. Driving around looking at possible access points, imagining the snow and whether it's still do-able. If you don't ice fish.....

Post Your Comment
7/14/14 @ 6:14 AM
mkefisherman
mkefisherman
USER since 1/14/13
Was just at Gander Mtn yesterday...was imagining isles of jigs tipups/rods shantys ect... I then realized it is nearing the end of July. The thought of August right around the corner makes me happy. Fall is right around the corner, you know what's after fall? ... I do Big Smile

Post Your Comment
Displaying 31 to 40 of 536 Posts