Icefishing in a Snowstorm

2/1/15 @ 12:52 PM
ORIGINAL POST
gforce
gforce
MEMBER since 8/12/01
I have fished in quite a few snowstorms and noticed that the bite usually is not good.I also noticed that I am one of a few fisherman that will fish in one.Is it because there are so many fair weather ice fisherman or is it because the bite is usually not good that keeps these fisherman home. I guess we can't leave out that people don't want to travel in these situations. Let me know.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 Posts
2/1/15 @ 11:12 PM
The Outdoorskid
The Outdoorskid
USER since 1/16/12
Snowstorm+west wind= walleyes on fire Cool

Post Your Comment
2/1/15 @ 2:50 PM
JDT
JDT
USER since 6/7/14
I do poorly if the wind/weather is comming from anywhere east of north. I seem to do very well if the weather/wind is comming anywhere from west of north. Summer and winter both the same.

Post Your Comment
2/1/15 @ 1:29 PM
badgerstatehunter
badgerstatehunter
USER since 2/6/06
I usually do poor in a snowstorm as well, but ice fishing still usually beats sitting around my house etc. so I still go. I'm no scientist but just from years of fishing I can guess which days will be better by the sky, temperature, wind, etc. it also doesn't help we're in a mid winter lull period as I've had some pretty good days on early ice snow storms. just got back from fishing in snow this morning. went to my favorite perch hole and could barely trigger a bite. had to downsize to my smallest jig and tip with my smallest waxies to get bites. still caught some fish so it was still fun.

Post Your Comment
2/1/15 @ 1:09 PM
.Pan Handler.
.Pan Handler.
USER since 5/8/08
I usually do poorly in a snowstorm also. Same thing with rain or thunderstorm in summer. Before and after, usually good. During is usually terrible. Have never understood why.

Post Your Comment