Ice Suits

11/27/14 @ 9:04 AM
ORIGINAL POST
walleyeteche
walleyeteche
USER since 12/7/10
Hey all, I was wondering if anybody has recommendations about what brand and model of ice suit I should purchase. Thanks guys!
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 45 Posts
1/7/15 @ 4:00 PM
SumpinFishy
SumpinFishy
USER since 12/9/14
Just got my Expedition Anorakk suit today. Looks and fits great, lots of pockets and cool features. I am happy that it only cost me $199 at L&M Fleet Supply. I'll post back after I use it a few times, but from the reviews that I read it sounds like it is as nice or better than some of the other suits going for twice the price or more.

http://www.landmsupply.com/search-results?ltemplate=details&item_id=207569&from_search=1

Edited on 1/7/15 4:02 PM
Post Your Comment
1/7/15 @ 3:47 PM
boge
boge
USER since 2/2/06
I ll back up paddler1,I don't think gore tex is necessarily the answer for the wet knee thing.I own a set of cabelas bibs that I've had for almost 15 years.theyll keep your knees dry for a little while but especially if it's wet on the ice; you'll be wet.Theyre gore tex.Just bought some frail i3 bibs for 160$ on Amazon.Havent tried them yet,but they look and fit great with some cool features.

Post Your Comment
1/6/15 @ 7:25 PM
diabetik
diabetik
USER since 10/1/14
I got fleet farms bibs and like them I think HT polar fire make them and for $99 I am happy

Post Your Comment
1/5/15 @ 8:03 PM
svitreum
svitreum
USER since 8/29/06
Actually the entire suit that I own is leaking through when out in wet snowy conditions. It also provides about 30 minutes of protection from boat spray when trolling in the very early spring. I have a Gore Tex jacket which I have worn in the rain for hours and it did not leak through. I do not kneel on the ice for long periods of time so I truly believe the Gore Tex layer would hold up for many years. Perhaps not so much if you do kneel on the ice for long periods of time. As for now I use an old boat cushion that I have to bring in and thaw after using it.

Post Your Comment
1/5/15 @ 6:19 PM
paddler1
paddler1
MEMBER since 12/10/14
Seems like folks look to GoreTex as the answer for wet knees. The problem with this somewhat pricey fabric is that is porous(breathable). It will let water vapor out, but kneeling will eventually work water into the fabric and it will "wet out". An inexpensive pair of knee pads may be a better solution as they can be comfortable while providing both insulation and protection.

Post Your Comment
1/5/15 @ 10:58 AM
markrazzy
markrazzy
USER since 6/23/09
I'd love to see GoreTex in the bibs... could you imagine the cost of some frabill bibs with GoreTex though? You can already spend almost $500 on bibs without it.

Post Your Comment
1/3/15 @ 8:20 AM
svitreum
svitreum
USER since 8/29/06
I work with a guy who said the Klim bibs are very good quality. He uses them for snowmobiling. I think next year I will see what they have. Having Gore Tex is the way to go. Otherwise, the chemical waterproofing just washes off. I wish one of the "ice suit" companies would consider incorporating Gore Tex.

Post Your Comment
1/2/15 @ 6:34 PM
dbuchmann
dbuchmann
USER since 2/17/05
Update on my Frabill I2 bibs. Wednesday when out on the ice my pants froze to the ice and when I got up there was a small tear below the knee. Tonight I just took off the bibs and noticed the seam split in the butt area. Not very happy right now and can't get a hold of someone at Frabill to talk to.

Post Your Comment
12/27/14 @ 6:04 AM
Johnny Emmett
Johnny Emmett
MEMBER since 3/14/10
take a look strickerice and articice, both are good and will keep you safe.

Post Your Comment
12/26/14 @ 8:47 AM
svitreum
svitreum
USER since 8/29/06
I am thinking about picking up a set of Klim bibs which have Gore Tex. Has anyone used these?

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 45 Posts