USER since 3/23/07
Well let the stories begin!!!
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 64 Posts
3/3/15 @ 9:39 AM
JamesD
JamesD
USER since 2/16/04
The ice has been crowded lately but most have been very polite and even helpful. It's good to see kids out having fun too. Bodes well for the future of the sport.

Post Your Comment
3/2/15 @ 6:44 PM
bonger
bonger
USER since 3/23/07
?

Post Your Comment
2/18/15 @ 2:12 PM
1cast-away
1cast-away
USER since 2/2/09
Shawano lake could have its own thread about idiots....ice or not.

Post Your Comment
2/18/15 @ 12:36 PM
crits
crits
USER since 1/19/12
Once had a dog sneak over by us while me and my buddies were messing around with a football. The dog proceeded to tip over our grill and eat much of our food by the time we noticed we were to far away to do anything but scare it away. I still haven't stopped laughing. Although I was hungry it was one of the funniest things ever.

Post Your Comment
2/13/15 @ 8:08 PM
MRGLAX
MRGLAX
USER since 10/20/05
Igor just reminded me of the folks I saw on Lake Onalaska a couple years ago, but they were towing two small children on a sled behind their pickup. Probably not a great idea to begin with, but they only had about 15ft of rope and were going at a good clip. If that truck had stopped quickly those kids would have smoked their heads on the bumper and ended up under the truck.

Post Your Comment
2/13/15 @ 7:59 PM
centralwiwalleyeslayer2
centralwiwalleyeslayer2
USER since 2/15/10
glad we put on a show for ya igor lol nah just kidding wasnt me but i have pulled people on pallets and a recliner they begged me to so i got away from everyone and let it rip

Post Your Comment
2/13/15 @ 7:12 PM
Igor
Igor
USER since 6/20/01
Shawano Lake, January '02. Out with my wife and there's a group of 18-19 year olds, who have just discovered alcohol and its effects on the central nervous system, having WAY too much fun. They had a couch on the ice, an ATV, and LOTS of booze.

Well, after the buzz kicked in, they decided it would be fun to tow the couch around the ice (which had no snow), with 2-3 people on it, with the ATV.

they started off slowly just taking liesurely spins around, nothing out of hand. Well, anfter the discovery of alcohol, the speed increased. Best part was when they were doing roughly 25-30 MPH and the leg of the couch hit a hole in the ice. The couch stopped cold, the ATV reared back, and the guys on the couch became kites!

I almost pi$$ed myself as did the other 275 spectators!

Post Your Comment
2/13/15 @ 7:07 PM
Igor
Igor
USER since 6/20/01
Back to ice fishing idiots! Several years ago on big Muskego. the guys I fish with used to make the final Saturday of gamefish season a big party. Well, my wife had to use the bathroom so I drove her the 2 miles across the ice to Boxhorn's not only for the bathroom but more importantly for more Captain Morgan! We fished away from the crowds!

Anyway, here come 3 kids about 16-17 years old with a dirt bike and they asked how thick the ice is. I tell them, "...anywhere from 15-18. Plenty safe." They then ask me how I cut through the ice to which I respond, "I have a gas auger. How else?"

The one kid looks at me and says, "Well, we were planning to hold the back tire of the dirt bike off the ice, rev the engine, and slowly lower it to cut a hole in the ice. It has studded tires ya know. Think that'll work" I had to hold back from laughing and said, "You go with that sunshine. Have fun." and waited for my wife. When she got to the truck, with more Captain Morgan of course, she wondered why I was giggling. She thought I was lying when I told her about the exchange.

Post Your Comment
2/13/15 @ 4:46 PM
prop-buster
prop-buster
USER since 6/14/05
cds...I can't believe you fished Petenwell and didn't buy my breakfast.....I'm hurt

Post Your Comment
2/13/15 @ 3:51 PM
cds
cds
USER since 9/18/01
Antler - you do what you think is right.

Sometimes that means walking up and asking one of the guys there about the lake,or that particular spot....I now that there's been times I stubbornly fished all around a small lake looking for a weedbed only to find that the "community spot" was on top of basically the only place with panfish in the whole (little) lake.

Guys are usually helpful - myself included - unless they think the someone's is a seagull wouldn't bother looking for his own fish.

Sometimes it means just joining a group of anglers and drilling a few holes a respectful distance away from anyone else.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 64 Posts