ICE FISHING HELP!

1/5/16 @ 9:59 AM
ORIGINAL POST
outboard outlaw
outboard outlaw
USER since 6/5/02
I love ice fishing, and the weather sure isn't co-operating this season. I live in southern Waukesha Co (almost on the the Racine Co line). I have off this weekend how far north do I need to go to ice fish this weekend Jan 9th 10th? Please ONLY leave a reply if you have first hand experience so far this season on "said" body of water. Also I tip up fish for Northern...not big on jigging. Thanks!
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 Posts
1/6/16 @ 3:49 PM
POPPER
POPPER
USER since 6/20/01
I've been on the ice in Racine cnty since 1/1..............

Post Your Comment
1/5/16 @ 8:57 PM
icelord5
icelord5
USER since 2/3/08
Gotta second the first post. If your looking for 6+ to fish, by all means head north. There are kids playing hockey on ponds in Milwaukee county. That told me (yesterday) to get the spud bar out and check out some larger bodies of water. There is fishable ice around. I suggest saving some gas and time and put in some research. There's nothing better than seeing and hearing the ice for yourself. Good luck.

Post Your Comment
1/5/16 @ 8:32 PM
crits
crits
USER since 1/19/12
I agree with Shawano. I have a cottage on the lake and have 5-6 inches by me, but it's been really slow. So basically go were everyone is not. It hasn't been working.

Post Your Comment
1/5/16 @ 4:31 PM
crossbow davio
crossbow davio
USER since 2/22/05
try shawano while I do not have "first hand" knowledge there is a picture with someone measuring 5 inches from 12/31 i myself am going up there this weekend and will post results

Post Your Comment
1/5/16 @ 10:31 AM
cds
cds
USER since 9/18/01
There are tip-ups out (NOW - at this moment) on several lakes south of the city of Waukesha - but they're not MY tip-ups - so whatdoIknow.

It's too bad those lakes are so far off the beaten path - miles and miles and miles from the nearest county or state highway...

Post Your Comment