SEARCH
MORE
Ice Fishing

Ice Cleats

11/22/17 @ 8:59 AM
INITIAL POST
tunes
PRO MEMBER User since 5/25/08

Looking to purchase a set for this season. I now have a pair of STABILicers MAXX and although they work well on glare ice, not so well if they is much snow on the ice.

What works on both glare ice and ice with a snow covering???

Displaying 1 to 15 of 18 posts
11/27/19 @ 5:04 PM
Fonzie
User since 1/4/09

Here's a pic of the "Sportneer" cleats that Luke mentioned. I bought size XL and they are on my size 12 boot. Hope this helps those that are curious. 

11/23/19 @ 9:21 PM
gforce
PRO MEMBER User since 8/12/01

Does anyone have a set of Sportneer Crampns Traction Ice Cleats that fit over a Mickey Mouse boot?

11/22/19 @ 12:17 PM
Luke Skybuster
User since 11/21/19

Four guys I was ice fishing with last week on the Grade all had "Sportneer Crampons Traction Ice Cleats, 19 Spikes Stainless Steel Anti-Slip Ice Snow" and they swear by them.  This week I picked up a pair on Amazon for $15 but no personal experience with them yet except for mounting them on my fishin' boots.  Rubber harness seems very robust, well designed and well made with a velcro instep strap.  Can't see any way they'd come off unintentionally and there's a good amount of moderately aggressive spikes under both heel and forward pad of foot.  They look pretty hard to beat for the $ but time will tell.

11/22/19 @ 11:57 AM
gforce

I have a pair of Ice Trekker diamond cleats and I slipped with them on and almost broke my neck. I'll stick with something that grips the ice.

11/22/19 @ 7:45 AM
UFCreel
User since 1/4/11

gforce look at Ice Hopper creepers. From Sportsman Direct. Same as Kahtoola at around half the price.

11/21/19 @ 12:01 PM
Zwiegs
User since 1/10/12

I use the Ice Trekker Diamond Cleats, they never come off my boots.

11/16/19 @ 9:36 AM
gforce

The rubber on the Kahtoola tears. I had them for 2 years and it was out of warranty so they would not stand behind their so called quality product. I need something exactly like Kahtoola but with a higher quality rubber.

11/25/17 @ 11:25 PM
Zwiegs
User since 1/10/12

I’ve got the Ice Trekker chains, they are great never slipped in them. There are times I thought I should have bought the diamond treads, but for now these have been great. 

11/24/17 @ 10:23 AM
PimplySwede
User since 1/6/09

I bought a pair of the IceTrekkers Diamond grip cleats 2 years ago.  Durable, grippy.  Easy on/off.

11/23/17 @ 2:20 PM
jbird68
jbird68
User since 1/24/05

I have the Yak Trax XTR's. Had them for 4 years and they work great.  Just don't step on your shelter material. They will puncture it. 

Yaktrax XTR Extreme Outdoor Traction (Black/Orange, Large)

11/22/17 @ 4:01 PM
USAbrams1991
USAbrams1991
User since 2/13/17

While I like the idea of having studs in my boots, I can't see how this would be good for the floor in your garage, truck or the running boards of your sled/ATV. Hell, you forget to take your boots off walking into your house, that could mean some serious damage to linoleum or hardwood floors.

And I'm that husband who forgets. A lot.

11/22/17 @ 1:34 PM
karl58
User since 7/27/13

i like the idea of the screw in studs musky!   don't mean to steal a post but have any of you found a set for big feet... i wear a size 16 and my boots are to big for everything iv found....   rather not buy a 2nd pair of boots to use so i dont have to take screws in and out but that what it seems like i will have to do

11/22/17 @ 1:22 PM
Mr.Seaguar
PRO MEMBER User since 2/5/05

None of them work with much snow on the ice

11/22/17 @ 12:01 PM
perch chaser
User since 2/6/03

I own a pair of yaktrax extremes, similar to the kahtoola and are excellent on glare ice. However they do have some drawbacks. With their spikes they are hard on  surfaces  not ice. I have arthritis in my back and it's a pain taking them  on and off my sorrels. If you are in a similar situation check out the icetracker diamond grips. I  leave them on my muck boot artic pros all the time as they do no damage and are pretty decent on glare ice.

https://www.icetrekkers.com/

11/22/17 @ 11:06 AM
Fisher123
User since 7/6/06
+1 for the Kahtoola Micro Spikes. They work great. 
Displaying 1 to 15 of 18 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE