Humminbird Helix 5 DI Ice Settings

2/1/16 @ 12:16 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Bigeyehunter1
Bigeyehunter1
MEMBER since 12/27/13
was hoping to find a little relief with my Humminbird, I have the Helix 5 Di GPS unit and bought the bag and the XI 9 20 transducer for the ice and I’m having issues finding the correct settings so any help would be appreciated.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 Posts
2/16/16 @ 10:06 AM
Ram-jaws
Ram-jaws
USER since 1/21/15
Accuracy of the GPS on the Helix 5........ Does anyone else with this unit notice the set waypoints seem to off way more than 15+/- ft. and more like 30 ft. I bought the unit this year, and maybe missing a function to change the accuracy (realizing most units are within the 15- ft. range). Anyone else seeing this or has figured out a solution?

Thanks.

Post Your Comment
2/9/16 @ 8:37 PM
Ram-jaws
Ram-jaws
USER since 1/21/15
Bigeyehunter1,I had a chance to play around with my Helix5 unit this weekend. The biggest change I saw was when I went to the "Sonar" menu and scrolled down to the "SwitchFire" command and switched from "Clear Mode" to "Max Mode". The unit seemed to work well after this change. I also played around with the other commands in this menu until I felt it was dialed in for tracking fish. I then moved around with both my Vexliar and this unit to test it. Wow, it not only found the fish, but it tracked what I belive were individual fish on the chart screen (also showed my bait). Then I marked the spot on the units GPS for next days trip. My opinion is I still like my Vexliar for when Im set up on the fish. The Vexliar seems to react faster to movement, but over time using the new Helix5 unit I bought, I might find this unit is capable of the same thing and I just need to understand the unit more. Happy Fishing!!!

Post Your Comment
2/4/16 @ 1:52 AM
Bigeyehunter1
Bigeyehunter1
MEMBER since 12/27/13
Sounds good and I'll let you know how my testing goes also

Post Your Comment
2/1/16 @ 2:17 PM
Ram-jaws
Ram-jaws
USER since 1/21/15
Bigeyehunter1, I bought the Helix 5 Sonar/GPS and was experiencing some difficulties. I re-read the manual yesterday and played with the units numinous features to familiarize myself (need to get out soon to try). My biggest concern was how to get the ice fishing /ice -ducer to work like my Vexilar FL-12 screen. I realized after reading there are a few setting that can make your unit not function to its potential, which I still need to experiment with. All in all this is a great multi-purpose unit and hope to master its features. If I have any luck trying, I will post my results. Good luck, and happy fishing!

Post Your Comment