hub style shelters

1/25/16 @ 4:37 PM
ORIGINAL POST
wi bassman
wi bassman
USER since 1/17/15
I am looking to by a hub style shelter so I can take out my two son's. Any suggestion on brand, size, insulated or not. I have never used one. I'm used to going my self with my one man flip over.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 18 Posts
2/6/16 @ 5:35 PM
lunker75
lunker75
USER since 12/13/13
Anyone that has a eskimo quickfish or any hub shelter that has the 4 grommets on the bottom corners i have a great tip i just figured out today ......take a carabiner hook / key chain hook and connect all the grommets together then its easy to wrap the sheter with a stap and put into bag

Post Your Comment
2/2/16 @ 7:37 PM
lunker75
lunker75
USER since 12/13/13
Best hub and quality for the best price eskimo quickfish 3i 70"x70" by 80" tall Fits me and two kids and its insulated nice and warm not to heavy 34 pounds and awesome material for 238 bucks on ebay shipped to your door brand new cant beat it and right now for people with one kid or fish solo gander mountain has the quickfish 2i on sale now for 150$$ same quality ots like 60 x60 i love my otter flip over but i really like this eskimo no problems so far great hub

Post Your Comment
2/2/16 @ 6:50 PM
Fletch Sweeney
Fletch Sweeney
USER since 1/17/10
second on the polar bird! Love mine. I haven't tried pulling it with gear in it but it will work for sure

Post Your Comment
2/2/16 @ 2:59 PM
brooky
brooky
USER since 1/31/13
I read the warranty and its lifetime on poles and metal hubs and 1 yr on the shack manufacturers defects only. The way the floor appears to sandwich between the fabric means the fabric will be sliding across the ice on the bottom. The corners will be the areas of concern. Maybe they have toughened the bottom somehow but they don't show it in the videos so I am assuming they didn't.

Post Your Comment
2/2/16 @ 12:37 PM
DingerBoy8292
DingerBoy8292
USER since 1/30/16
Also failed to mention the lifetime warranty on poles and shack. Speedy delivery placed order on Thursday morning shack was on my doorstep Friday morning. Plus 30 day money back if you don't like it. Big Smile

Post Your Comment
2/2/16 @ 12:21 PM
DingerBoy8292
DingerBoy8292
USER since 1/30/16
I have left all my gear in it,but only pulled a short distance to new spot on the lake. The floor is very durable ! The floor material is the same used in whitewater rafts. The height on the T3 is the only downside, but I can overlook that because of the price and free floor and free shipping. Buy this shack you will not be disappointed I absolutely love mine!

Post Your Comment
2/2/16 @ 11:51 AM
brooky
brooky
USER since 1/31/13
Hey dinger I just saw those the other day online...they look pretty nice other than the windows. The thing that I am interested in is they say u can put that floor in and pull it around with 100 lbs of gear in it. Have you used in in this fashion ? With my setup I would remove my gear but am a little concerned about how well the bottom would wear pulling it around. The other thing I didn't like was the smaller ones were only 71 tall. the largest one is 75 inches. The reason I used the hub is so I can stand up straight inside and 71 isn't enough for me. This is odd because I believe every other hub out there is 75. In their video that dude is all humped over inside when he is standing.

Post Your Comment
1/30/16 @ 7:03 AM
marbleeyes7
marbleeyes7
USER since 4/1/12
picked up one of the new otter insulated hubs this year and gave it a good run down on a trip to Minnesota last week. bought the lodge 4-5 man hub. the hubs are very well built the insulated fabric is just as nice as the xt900 canvas otter had on there previous flip shacks. poles all seem to be very well built. unit comes with 8 really nice ice anchors and rope to tie off too. we fished 3 guys with 2 holes each out of it and it was comfortable. any more holes or guys and we would of been bumping elbows jigging. unit also comes with a nice bag that is oversized enough to actually get it back into the bag and zip up the bag without breaking the zippers( a certain red colored brand has a big problem with this issue)also included is a nice piece of double sided Velcro to put around the hub to keep the hub nice and compact for putting back in the bag. really great product that held up to 30mph winds set up for 3 days straight without a issue. would highly recommend looking into the new otter line of hubs.

Post Your Comment
1/30/16 @ 6:33 AM
DingerBoy8292
DingerBoy8292
USER since 1/30/16
Check out the Polar Bird hub shelters priced right and they come with a insulated floor. I have the T3 version and love it! Shipping was super fast had the shack in 1 day Big Smile

Post Your Comment
1/26/16 @ 9:00 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
USER since 7/20/09
I broke a few on my Eskimo and they sell individual ones on their web site. Not a bad idea to have a spare along though. One of mine broke when the wind switched and imploded a side I did not have roped down and it smacked my propane heater and cracked the pole.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 18 Posts