Hub Style Shacks

2/19/15 @ 7:09 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Quack Shot
Quack Shot
USER since 8/7/11
Was wondering what everyone's favorite hub style shack is? Insulated vs not insulated. Colors(was sight fishing in one and wasn't dark enough inside) Sizes and prices as well. Any other info you think is good add as well Thanks
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 Posts
2/22/15 @ 8:23 PM
Ice Junky
Ice Junky
USER since 8/21/09
I did a fair amount of comparing and just settled on the Clam XL2000 Bigfoot. I like a lot of the features with this hub and got it for $200.00 with free shipping from L&M Supply. But there are couple things I am not too fond of. One, it is pretty long when packed up(65")which is not that huge of an issue. Two - the height and position of the windows. You cannot see out of the windows very well (I'm 5'11") when sitting in one of the triangle fishing chairs which makes it tough to see your tip ups without standing up which sucks! I would guess Clam is going to change their design to something similar to Eskimo. I keep thinking I should have went with the Eskimo Fat Fish only for the window issue. I really like all the other features of this Clam.

Edited on 2/23/15 7:32 AM
Post Your Comment
2/22/15 @ 4:26 PM
grizwald
grizwald
USER since 2/6/09
mnick, eskimo sells replacement polls for 8 bucks apiece. i went to l and m in my home town and bought fiberglass polls($1.50), cut to length, and re-glued the parts from the old polls on the new ones. just got to get a little innovative with the price of everything these days. Wink

Post Your Comment
2/22/15 @ 2:35 PM
mnick
mnick
USER since 1/16/15
does anyone know where you can buy replacement poles for the hub shelters?

Post Your Comment
2/21/15 @ 2:41 AM
Ulbian
Ulbian
USER since 9/24/03
7 year old Clam Base Camp. Now that size is called the Vista (I think). It gets heavy use each year....Not insulated, today in 4 degree temps and a regular buddy heater it was plenty warm. I'll run a bigger heater (sunflower type) when it gets below zero but even then that heater can be overkill. Aside from replacing a grommet I've had zero issues with it holding up.

Post Your Comment
2/20/15 @ 9:27 AM
drewster
drewster
USER since 7/6/09
TKfishes - put some beeswax on those zippers - slick'r n snot!

Post Your Comment
2/19/15 @ 10:13 PM
vivasparks
vivasparks
USER since 6/12/09
shapell 6500 widehouse is what I use, no problems with it in 3 seasons now,only complaint would be it's tight and zippers are tough to close the last foot or two, we fish 4 people in it with enough room for gear and heater.102"x102" x 80" tall.

Edited on 2/19/15 10:16 PM
Post Your Comment
2/19/15 @ 8:54 PM
Quack Shot
Quack Shot
USER since 8/7/11
Just looked online and they no longer sell the 360.

Post Your Comment
2/19/15 @ 8:10 PM
TKfishes
TKfishes
USER since 8/23/09
I like my Eskimo it was cheap it gets dark enough to sight fish lakes you wouldn't think of being able to sight fish it is real light so an insulated one would be a bonus. However it does hold heat just fine IMO.. my only complaint is the zippers get tight and hard to zip.

Post Your Comment
2/19/15 @ 8:07 PM
porchp
porchp
USER since 11/22/09
I bought a Cabala's 360 last year and love it. it is black. on a sunny day it get warm inside. Can get five people in it a bit tight but works. what I like is it has windows all the way around the middle, so you can see tip ups no matter where you put them. the roof is insulated but not the walls. easy set up and take down.

Post Your Comment