How often do you air out your pop up?

12/26/15 @ 8:13 PM
ORIGINAL POST
n.pike
n.pike
USER since 4/2/02
Do most of you wait till the end of the season to air out your portable or do you set it up and air it out in the garage/basement often?
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 Posts
12/27/15 @ 8:48 PM
eyesman
eyesman
USER since 1/7/02
I have an Otter Sled with the poles and tent kit you bought separate and installed them onto a small Otter Sled. It is probably 25 - 30 years old. I store it in the winter in a heated garage and set it up after each use. Still in working shape with some tears patched with House-wrap tape. Once dry I fold it down neatly for it's next trip out. Also have one of the old Sno-Boat units with the nylon canvas tent, same process if I use that. It is older than the Otter but has seen less use once I got the Otter.

Post Your Comment
12/27/15 @ 7:20 PM
ifishwi
ifishwi
USER since 1/12/05
I have the original SNO boat. 25+ years old, faded from so much use, few small tears, still good. It's made of a canvas material coated to resist moisture and somewhat fire retardant. I was told from the original builder to open it up for defrost and air out after every use. I have followed this religiously.

If it's going to stay frozen you won't get any rot, but I still pop it open in an unheated garage. With a tent-style like n.pike is talking pop it open in the basement or something, let the kids play in there until perfectly dry.

Post Your Comment
12/27/15 @ 11:57 AM
ducks forever
ducks forever
USER since 10/15/07
I set mine up and let it dry out after every use

Post Your Comment
12/27/15 @ 9:25 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
USER since 9/27/01
My wife thought that the title to this thread was funny.

I air mine out after every use if there is moisture on it. And yes, I'm talking about my Clam. Wink

Post Your Comment
12/27/15 @ 9:03 AM
Ulbian
Ulbian
USER since 9/24/03
I don't set it up completely. Mine never goes back in the bag either. That thing ripped years ago. After each use I set mine with hubs down on the ground in a corner of a heated garage. That's enough to get it to air out. 8 years, no problems.

Post Your Comment
12/27/15 @ 6:27 AM
rikj
rikj
USER since 7/29/01
The end of the season I clean them up nice on the inside and set them up in the sun to dry/air out good. I have also been know to have a beer or 3 in them before folding them up for storage in the garage attic...

Post Your Comment